Chest muscles, when developed properly can complement your overall look and build. It will also increase the stability of your shoulders and help prepare your arms for lifting heavy weights. But there has always been a lot of confusion regarding how exactly to develop a full, balanced chest. Don't worry as in this article we tell you how to workout your chest and will guide you on building your chest muscles.
- First, lie on your back on a weight bench with your feet laid flatly on the floor.
- Take two dumbbells, each on your one hand across your chest.
- Now, contract your abdominals lightly and keep your shoulder blades together.
- Start by raising both your arms slowly to their sides with elbows raised at the shoulder level and bent at 90 degrees. Your palms should face toward your feet.
- Raise both your arms up in an arching motion in front of your chest.
- Straighten the elbows while allowing the dumbbells to touch each other. Remember to keep your shoulder and abdominals contracted.
- Now, contract the pectorals or the chest muscles and then pause and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the steps about 2 to 3 sets of about 10 to 12 repetitions each.
- After you are done with the exercise, follow it with a chest stretch which will stretch the muscles of your chest.
Chest Muscle Exercise Workouts
Following are the various forms of chest exercise workouts that one can follow.
- High Cable Crossover - This is one of the best exercises that help the lower muscles in your chest as well as the difficult to develop inner chest muscles.
- Low Cable Crossovers – This exercise is great for the inner chest muscles.
- Bench Press (Wide Grip) - In this exercise, you can extend your grip on the bench press to develop the lower muscles of your chest.
- Bench Press (Closed Grip) - The closed grip bench-press targets the inner muscles of your chest greatly. It is also beneficial for the upper chest muscles as well as the biceps.
- Decline Bench Press - This exercise is mainly targeted for the lower muscles of your chest. If you do this exercise regularly, you will develop a very good lower chest.