Impressed by the bleached look of Lindsay Lohan’s hair? The Hollywood actress recently spent 11 hours (and God know how much moolah) in a salon, just to turn her red locks blonde. Does that change your mind about bleaching your hair? Yes? Don’t be in a rush. We have the perfect solution for you at hand - bleaching your hair at home. This is not something impossible and will also save you from spending a lot of time and money in a salon. Do you find your interest growing? If yes, then go though the following lines and find tips on how to bleach your hair.
Bleaching Your Hair At Home
- Bleaching Kit
- Applicator Brush
- Old Towel
- Old Newspaper
- Old Clothes
- Old Shirt or Robe
- Plastic Cap
- First of all, you need to buy a bleaching kit for yourself. It would be available at your local drugstore, hair supply shop or discount store.
- While buying the bleaching kit, make sure that it is especially meant for lightening your natural hair color. For instance, if you have brown hair, don’t get a bleaching kit that is meant for black hair.
- Go through the package of the bleach kit, to make sure that there would be enough of it to cover the length of your hair. In case you have any doubts, it is advisable to buy an extra pack and be on the safer side.
- After you have bought the kit, it is the time to gather the necessary tools, which will include an applicator brush, old towel, a bowl, a pair of scissors, a timer and on old newspaper.
- If you are wearing old clothes that can be discarded, it’s okay. Otherwise, put on an old shirt or robe that you won't mind ruining.
- Get the newspaper and spread it all over the tabletop and floor. This will save the surface, in case the bleach drips or gets spilled accidentally.
- Before you start applying the bleach, it is very necessary to read the directions given on the package.
- Now, open the kit and mix the bleach packet with the liquid developer present in it, to form a creamy paste.
- Making use of the applicator brush, apply the bleach paste thoroughly all over your hair.
- If you want, you can start from the back of your head and work your way towards the front and top of your hair.
- When you feel that your hair has been completely covered with the bleach paste, pull all of your hair up on top of your head. Now, wear a plastic cap on your head, to allow the paste to set properly.
- Go through the bleach package once again, to know how long you need to keep the paste on your hair. Now, set the timer accordingly.
- You can check on hair from time to time, to make sure that the color does not become lighter than you want it to be.
- When you feel that your hair has attained the lightness you desire, rinse off the bleach, under cool running water.
- Finally, shampoo and condition your hair and let it air dry. Your bleached locks are ready to be displayed in front of the world.