Straight hair has been identified with beauty since ages. Long, straight tresses have been in vogue for decades now and permanent hair straightening is extensively preferred by women who want to sport straight, silky and soft hair. The process of hair straightening is known by many names, such as chemical straightening, thermal re-bonding and relaxing. The only difference between them lies in the product brand used for hair straightening. Before beginning to straighten your hair, you need to read the instructions mentioned on the product very carefully, to get the desired effect. The newly grown hair will also require touch ups, once you have straightened your hair permanently. Read on to know some tips on how to permanently straighten hair.
How To Do Permanent Hair Straightening
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Straightening Kit
- Comb/ Brush
- Fine-toothed Comb
- Hair Clips
- Brush (for applying the straightening cream)
- Before you begin with the straightening process, wash you hair properly with your regular shampoo. Use a conditioner after washing your hair.
- Carefully read the instructions given on the leaflet and accordingly, mix the chemicals in the hair straightening kit. The proportions may vary from brand to brand.
- Place a towel around your neck, so that the straightening cream doesn’t fall on your skin. This will help avoid skin irritation and your dress will also not get spoiled.
- Divide your hair into neat sections. Use a brush to apply the straightening cream on your hair, section-wise. Start with the lowest sections and follow upwards. In order to work on one section properly, tie the rest of your hair with claw clips in the meantime.
- As you apply the straightening cream, work from the roots to the end. You need to follow the directions speedily. Cover the section of your hair inside out with the straightening cream, ensuring that the cream is applied on every strand of your hair. Then, comb the section straight downwards, using a fine-toothed comb.
- After the cream application is complete, comb the entire hair together. You need to maintain speed, because as time passes, your hair will become stiff due to chemicals. Leave the chemical on your hair for the duration mentioned on the leaflet of your product.
- Continue to comb your hair for about 15 minutes before you wash off the chemicals with lukewarm water. Rinse your hair well, so that no chemical is left on the hair.
- Now, let your hair dry naturally and begin with the neutralizer cream. Apply the neutralizing cream evenly on your hair and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water to remove neutralizing cream. Finally, apply a good quality conditioner on your hair and rinse it one last time.
- Use flat iron to give finishing touches to your straight hair. You are ready to flaunt your crowning glory now!