You may be very stunning looking with striking features but if your face is pockmarked, you would not find any second glance in your way. Really, pockmarks are a curse to beauty. Although it can crop up at any part of the body, they are most common on the face. These are rough scars that give the skin an uneven look. Earlier pockmarks denoted the scars left by chicken pox. However, today pockmarks describe any types of pitted scar caused by many factors such as acne, rashes, or other skin issues, from bacteria to hormonal ones. Getting rid of pockmarks is difficult but you can adopt a variety of treatments to get rid of pockmarks. Explore the given pointers to know how to get rid of pockmarks.
Image: Naturally You Skin Care@flickr
Tips For Getting Rid Of Pockmarks On Face
- You can apply scar treatment cream to your pockmarks, which is readily available in medical stores. These creams help in fading the scars to make them blend with your surrounding skin giving it an even appearance. You can apply the cream two to three times per day or as suggested by your dermatologist.
- One better way to get rid of pockmarks is by massaging the skin. It helps in increasing the circulation in the area and helps in breaking up the scar tissue, making the skin texture even. Rub the area gently but with firm circular motion for about two minutes to two to three times daily.
- Even many people vouch by exfoliating and scrubbing creams. Invest in a gentle and good quality exfoliator and apply it on the face daily with cleansing and moisturizing. Dampen your face with water, take a blob of exfoliator on your hand, and then massage it all over face in circular direction.
- Our lifestyle also plays a major role in reducing pockmarks. Incorporate exercises and try to have healthy food. Include loads of vegetables and fruits and avoid junk and greasy foods.
- Dermatological fillers can also be injected to the pockmarked area. Restylane, Comoderm and collagen are various types of fillers. The fillers help in plumping up the skin, which makes the area, even to the surrounding skin and thus makes the scar less noticeable. However, these fillers don’t give much permanent effect and you may have to take many sittings on various intervals for better effects.
- Onion Extract can also be applied to the skin as it is supposed to slow down the production of collagen that forms the silky surface of pockmark. Onion extract are available in drug store. Ask your physician about the application or read the label on the product.
- Cocoa butter is a potent skin moisturizer used for smoothening skin, giving it a light dainty scent upon application. Unknown to some, it can work wonders against pockmarks as long as it is applied religiously on the scars. The components of the solution enhance the skin's smoothness and elasticity, which help in reducing the scars. Your pockmarks, as a result, will fade after a while.
- Chemical peels are also a good option to get rid of pockmarks. Consult your dermatologist before you opt for one. You can also consider microdermabration, which uses a mini sandblaster type device to remove pockmarks by buffing the surface level of the skin.
- You can also go for laser skin resurfacing. However, you may need few sittings to get the best effects.