The availability of so many brands and products for hair coloring in the market has thrown open the option of dyeing one’s mane by oneself to the people. Home hair coloring provides an easy and less costly solution to all those who wish to stylishly streak their tresses and other’s who want to simply cover up their greying hair. Maximum hair coloring products come with an instruction manual describing in detail how one should go about coloring his / her hair. However, it should be borne in mind that the actual process is often much more complex than it would seem from the manual guidelines.
Some Popular Brands for Hair Colors -
- Charles Worthington
Things You Will Require For Hair Coloring -
- Hair color
- Measuring cup
- Towel or Cape
- Plastic Gloves
- Clock (Color application processes must be accurately timed to avoid mistakes)
Important Home Hair Coloring Tip
It’s suggested that you conduct a trail on few stands of hair before actually getting down to fully coloring your hair at home. This will ensure that the hair color you have purchased is of the correct hue. If the results from the strand test are acceptable, proceed to the coloring steps.
Home Hair Coloring Technique
1. You first need to blend the hair color solution into the mixing bowl. For this, transfer the liquid hair color and three oz. of the crème developer. If you have purchased a kit, the crème developer is already measured for you. Mix properly using the color brush.
2. Apply the color concoction you just prepared. How? Read step 3 for directions.
3. Hair should be dry. Begin at the top front of your hair by making an inch-long part with the thin-tail of the color brush. Make another similar part next to the first one around ¼ inch on the side. Now clutching this parted portion of hair upwards, apply the color concoction on the root region and the neighboring un-parted section as well. After the application of hair color, the parted section will stand on its own and out of the way towards the side. Carry on this same procedure on new hair parts until you have applied hair color concoction to the all the roots.
4. Pause for the exact amount of time as mentioned in the manual provided by the hair color manufacturing company. Generally, one is asked to wait for 20 minutes or so.
5. Apply any leftover hair color to the ends after 20 minutes waiting phase is over. Now use a wide-toothed comb to evenly apply / spread out the hair color throughout the hair length, from roots to the ends.
6. Leave in hair color on the ends for not more than five minutes. After this time is over, sprinkle little water to your colored hair and lather the color concoction through it just like shampoo.
7. Wash your hair completely in lukewarm water till the rinsed water begins to runs clear and no extra color remains in the hair.
8. If your hair coloring kit comprises a conditioner, use it now. Apply and leave in for a couple of minutes. Wash your hair thoroughly in lukewarm water again.