Pickup lines can be like corruption – you may publically despise them but secretly yearn to hear one! Since compliments don’t come easily to men, as the general impression goes, it is only understandable if they are always looking for other ways in which to show their appreciation. Pickup lines have evolved over time from the sleazy to the cheesy, but most are usually cute, funny, witty and sound like they came straight out of Smart Alec’s mouth! Nowadays people even flaunt them on the tees they wear, but forget that these are either too outdated or sexually offensive for women to take kindly to them, leave alone be flattered by them. What women want is to feel truly beautiful and respected by men. This is the reason why pickup lines need to be often reinvented to make them suit the occasion and the time. Here are some popular as well as really innovative pickup lines to flatter the woman of your dreams into coy acquiescence.
Popular Cheesy Pick Up Lines
- You are so sweet you could put Hershey’s out of business – Men often tend to value sweets more than tangy things, though they hate being referred to as sweet themselves (heaven only knows why!). Compliments that go beyond the physical almost always work with women, and being sweet is more than just being good looking in a woman’s eyes. It brings to their mind images of innocent, dimpled cherubs, who can melt anyone’s heart.
- Other than just your natural beauty, what is your secret to looking this good? – Now, this one sounds more than just a compliment or a flattering comment for something that was never under your control – your looks. This comment also gives the woman full credit for maintaining her looks or improving on them.
- If your father was Chuck Norris/Dara Singh, I’d still ask you out on a date – This one sounds really courageous! Which girl can resist a man who can stand up to her father - Chuck Norris, Dara Singh or otherwise? But caution: she may actually turn out to be the daughter of an superb martial arts expert, in which case this strategy may backfire!
- Excuse me, I am looking for directions to the quickest way to your heart – These kinds have become popular because of the fact that women are left thinking what hit them for the initial seconds. Another variant of this one is “Can I have directions? [When asked to where?] To your heart.”
- I’ve had a really bad day today but it always makes me feel better when I see a pretty girl smile. Would you smile for me?
- You look beautiful today, but I guess that’s old news for you.
- There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can't take them off you.
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- You can never take a trip to Alaska. (When they ask “Why?”) Because you would melt all the ice.
- I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into that wall over there. So I am going to need your name and number for insurance purposes – Here again, for quite some time, the woman won’t know what hit her!
- Do you have BandAid? I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- You shouldn't wear makeup. It's messing with perfection! – Now that was really original, flattering as well as full of admiration.
- Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?
- Excuse me; I think you have something in your eye. Oh wait, it's just a sparkle.
- Fascinating. I've been looking at your eyes all night long, 'cause I've never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them. – Which woman on this earth wouldn’t rate this one as original and yet so deep and profound?
- You're so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line – At the end of the day, nothing works like simplicity.
- I am sure that you have heard all the pickup lines in the book, so I just want to say that I think you are absolutely gorgeous – This one says a lot without disrespecting a woman’s intelligence.