Feng Shui literally means ‘wind-water’ in English. It is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics, which is believed to use the laws of both Heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography), to help people improve their life by receiving positive qi (energy). Chi (aka qi) is a movable positive or negative life force, which plays an essential role in feng shui. The principles of Feng Shui are used to draw positive energy at any place, be it bedroom, home, office or living room. Our bedroom is one of the important places in a house, where we spend almost one third of our life. It is a restful place that provides serenity and peace and works positively on our spiritual, emotional and sexual energy and must not contribute to fatigue and irritability. Color is a very powerful tool that affects our mood, simply by interacting with specific colors and should be used carefully in the bedroom. Read on to find out how feng shui helps in drawing positive energy in the bedroom, by using different color schemes.
Best Feng Shui Colors For Your Bedroom
- Pink- Pink is considered to be one of the best colors for the bedroom, according to Feng Shui, as it represents love and pure feelings of joy, innocence, happiness and romance. It is the color associated with relationships, combining the fire/passion of red with the metal element of white.
- Blue- Blue color, according to Feng Shui, has yin energy. It is calm and soothing. It has great significance in Feng Shui, as it reflects love and heals and relaxes. Blue is a good color for bedroom, therapy rooms and meditation rooms and is linked with spirituality, peace, mystery and patience. Though the color sparks trust and faithfulness in couples, overusing it can lead to melancholy and suspicion.
- Green- Green is symbolic of growth, hope, fertility and harmony and is a refreshing and restful color. Light green is a positive color for bedroom. Apart from that, it can also be used in bathrooms, therapy rooms and conservatories, but be kept away from family rooms, playrooms or studies.
- Purple- Purple is an impressive, spiritual color and can be used in bedrooms. It induces excitement, motivation and passion in a relationship. However, if overused, it can invoke feelings of mourning and force.
- Red- Red is a stimulating dominant color that increases the appearance of objects, but decreases the appearance of room size. Though red is an excellent accent color, it should not be used in bedroom walls by couples. Instead, it can be used in things like sheets and blankets by those seeking to get married or by newlyweds, to ensure wedding bliss.
- Brown- Brown is a color that suggests stability and elegance. Mild brown tone with white is a good color for bedroom, as it soothes. Colors like chocolate brown in the bedroom can give a heavy feeling and lead to depression and aging. It can be equated to autumn, when leaves turn brown and fall to the ground. Dark browns can be used in studies, but should be avoided in bedrooms.
- White- White symbolizes new beginnings, innocence and purity. It is a good color to be used in bathrooms and kitchens. However, it should be used in moderation in bedroom, as it can lead to cold and lifeless relationships when used in excess.
- Yellow- Yellow is associated with enlightenment and aids digestion and stimulates the brain. It is the color of optimism, decisiveness and reason and contributes to make the bedroom soothing and restful. Still, an excessive use of this color can lead to exaggeration and rigidness.