Feng shui is the ancient Chinese art that was developed thousands of years ago. It provides us with guidelines, using which we can balance the energies of any given space, in order to ensure our good health as well as fortune. Today, this particular art is being used everywhere in the world, to almost all the spaces - right from homes to offices to factories. In a home, amongst others, bedroom is a place that should be arranged as per feng shui. It is that part of a house where you go to relax and rejuvenate yourself. Following feng shui in the bedroom will help you have a relaxing sleep, enjoy a good sex life and have a harmonious relationship with your partner. All you have to do is follow certain tips about the placements of furniture and other fixtures and accessories.
Feng Shui Bedroom Design Tips
While designing as well as arranging your bedroom, keep the following tips in mind. They will help create a healthy and wholesome ambiance in your room.
The term 'bedroom' starts with the word 'bed. Thus, it is very important for you to pay due emphasis to your bed. While placing the bed in your room, make sure that it is easily approachable from both sides. At the same time, it should not be in a direct line with the door. There should be a table on each of the two sides. Comfortable mattress, solid headboard and natural fibers sheets are amongst the other aspects that you should keep in mind.
There should be lots of natural lighting in your bedroom, so make sure that you have enough windows. Apart from that, your bedroom should also have enough artificial lighting sources. In fact, it should have several levels of lighting. If that is not possible, you can use a dimmer switch to adjust the lights. If possible, use candles in your bedroom. They are considered to be best feng shui bedroom lighting. However, make sure that they have no toxins in them.
Colors are believed to affect the mood of a person. For example, red is believed to ignite passion, while yellow aids socialization and conversation. While decorating your room, remember to choose colors that are soothing, as bedroom is the place where one wants to relax. As per feng shui, "skin colors", varying from pale white to rich chocolate brown, are best for painting a bedroom. They aid sleep as well as sexual healing.
One needs to be very careful while choosing accessories for the bedroom. The wrong type of accessories can interfere not only with the sleep of the occupant, his behavior and peace of mind, but also his relationship and sex life. Since images carry powerful feng shui energy, it is better to use those that you want to see happening in your life. If you place sad and depressing images in your bedroom, you will feel gloomy all the time.
There are a number of doors in a bedroom - such as the entrance door, closet door and the doors that connect it to the walk-in closet and bathroom. Remember to close all of these doors at night. Not even a single one should remain open. While sleeping, your body as well your mind gets rest and revitalizes itself. If all these doors are open, they will hamper the best and most nourishing flow of energy to strengthen your health, as well as that of your relationship.
Some More Tips
- Things like TV, computer and exercise equipment, should not be kept in the room. They will destroy the positive energy and contaminate the atmosphere.
- The air inside the bedroom should always be fresh and invigorating. Keep the windows open as much as possible. You can also make use of a good air-purifier for the purpose.
- Live plants should not be kept inside the bedroom, as they are not at all good feng shui. You can keep them only if your room is pretty large and the plants can be kept far from the bed.
- Never ever place a mirror at such a place in your bedroom where it reflects your bed. If no other place is possible, then make sure to cover the mirror at night, before you sleep.
- Place your electric alarm clock at least two meters away from your bed. This is because the electro-magnetic field created by it might interfere with your sleep pattern.
- Water elements should not be kept in a room, as they create an energy field of too much emotion. They can also dull the passion in a relationship, interfere with concentration and cause emotional problems.
- The bed should always be placed at such a place in the bedroom from where the door is visible, so that you are able to see the incoming flow of energy. Otherwise, you might end up missing great opportunities in life, personal as well as professional.
- The bed should never be placed in-between the door and windows. This is because in such a position, it will obstruct the flow of chi. At the same time, don't sleep with your head close to a window.
- The space under your bed should be free of clutter. The headboard of the bed should be strong, so that the chi freely circulates in your body.
- All the bedside tables should have rounded edges. Square edges will prevent cutting chi from being focused towards you.
- Never ever place your bed at such a place where the ceiling beam comes directly over it. You should also try to avoid having ceiling lamps right over your bed. Soft lighting is what is required in a bedroom.