Everyone would definitely agree to the fact that colors have a huge impact on our life. Different shades of colors present a different mood and can easily lift our moods and soothe us from within. Since bathroom is a place where you get a chance to meet yourself and reflect on your thoughts at any hour of the day, it is definitely important in your color scheme of cards. The choice of color depends, to a great extent, on your taste as well as the overall design theme. Remember that your bathroom is a workplace of your various pampering activities; hence pick a color that defines it the best. Explore this article to find the best color ideas to paint your bathroom.
Best Paint Colors For Your Bathroom
Bright and bold colors, like red, blue, and yellow, are full of life and have the capability to infuse energy and excitement in your bathroom. They are cheery colors and work well with the natural light in the bathroom. However, you need to avoid them in their deep shade, as it might influence intensity of color. Artificial and neutral lighting can also impact the shades of these colors; hence all criteria should be checked before painting the walls.
Monochromatic color scheme refers to usage of different shades of the same color. It can also be blended with different bathroom accessories to have a uniform appeal, but you need to be sure of your passion for that color first. The warm or cool shades of monochromatic colors have the capability to create moods. For instance, cool colors like blue, green and purple create a spacious, tranquil, and airy feel, while warm colors like red, orange and yellow tend to impart a cozy, intimate appeal. You can even make a pattern of these colors and use in your bathroom.
If you have a small bathroom, you can always go for neutral colors, as they create the illusion of a bigger space. These neutral colors come in variations of whites, grays, tans, beiges, and chocolate browns and created a calm, serene mood in the bathroom. They also enhance elegance, with the bathroom accessories turning as focal points and appeal to your sensibility. You can pair neutral colors with a light pastel color, to have a sp-like feel.
- To make your bathroom look glamorous, you can mix and match two colors as well.
- Lighter colors on the bathroom walls will give an illusion of a larger and bigger space.
- Dark and bright tones can be used in a spacious bathroom, making it cozy and welcoming.
- Try keeping things simple, as too much design might confuse the eye and lead to decorating disappointment.
- To make the choice of colors easier, purchase the tester paints and try it on your walls.
- You can even go online and upload the picture of your bathroom to have a virtual tour of your favorite colors.