Are you bored of your plain and unadorned kitchen décor? Do you want to revamp the look of your kitchen? If yes, then the best option would be to create a cottage style kitchen in your home. Most of the women spend a considerable amount of time in the kitchen. So, why not spice up the look to make cooking all the more fun and enjoyable. A cottage style kitchen brings to mind the picture of a room that is airy, well-lit, charming and casual. In the following lines, we have provided some of the best ideas for cottage style kitchen decor.
Cottage Style Kitchen Design Ideas
- When it comes to decorating your kitchen in cottage style, the first step would be to paint the walls in light shades. The best bet would be to use whites and creams, along with other lighter shades, to give a contrast effect.
- For the flooring, the best option would be to explore organic mats or short pile rugs. Make sure to get them in natural colors. Apart from making the kitchen comfortable and relaxed, rugs are a great way to add to the décor.
- Ideally, the windows of a cottage-style kitchen should be light and easily manageable. Enhance the look by adding sheers or simple blinds to them.
- Pine or maple furniture makes a good option for a cottage-style kitchen. White or lacquered furniture, with curved legs, base cabinetry or old fashioned moldings around cabinets and tables would be ideal.
- Do not forget to look into the knob detailing as well. The knobs of porcelain or embossed stoneware, in semi-glossy periwinkle blues, creams or whites, or made with wire or bamboo work well to give the cottage feel to your kitchen.
- In context of the dinning table, make sure it is a large one and is accompanied by beech spindle-style chairs.
- Style your walls with artwork and light paintings in watercolors. To give it a complete look, choose the frames in light colors, but with a worn out look.
- Ensure that you match the lighting of your kitchen to the theme. For an ocean theme, clear glass filled with shells or a sparkly chandelier with crystals, would definitely add the glamour quotient to your cottage style kitchen decoration.
- You can style the kitchen with pastel flower arrangements, in large crystal vases or large shells. Go for wicker, vintage signs and old hand fans to make the interiors interesting.
- Some of the accessory options include stoneware pots, glazed earthenware and glass jars. Using striped vintage towels and dishcloths, keeping an old antique kitchen clock or displaying plates on open shelves, above a window or doorway, will be a good choice.