The medicinal value and flavor of garlic make it one of the key ingredients in a wide variety of dishes. However, the smell of garlic is not liked by all, because it is quite pungent. In fact, the odor of garlic is such that could spread easily around the entire kitchen, the moment it is added to the food. In addition, you would find the cutting boards, used to chop garlic, retaining its smell for long time. There are many ways to remove garlic smell, one of the main being the use of lemon juice. Learn more about how to get rid of garlic smellfrom,and deodorize, your hands, cutting board, utensils and the kitchen, with the tips given in the following lines.
Ways To Remove Garlic Odor
- Make use of lemon juice, if you want to remove garlic smell from your hands. Squeeze the juice of a medium sized lemon. Soak your hands in the concentrated lemon juice for about three minutes. Thereafter, rinse them with cool water.
- Baking soda can also be used to remove garlic smell from hands. Mix one teaspoon baking soda with two teaspoons salt and a little amount of water. Dip your hands in the solution for about 10 minutes. Rinse your hands with water thereafter and find yourself free of the pungent smell of garlic.
- You would also want to get rid of garlic smell from the cutting board, on which you chopped the cloves. To remove the smell, make a thick paste by mixing sodium bicarbonate with warm water. Cover the board with the paste and leave it for 15 minutes. Thereafter, wash the cutting board under running water.
- When you consume garlic supplements, the pungent odor of garlic might be expelled along with sweat. To remove the unwanted garlic smell from your body, use a skin cleanser containing eucalyptus, menthol and camphor as the active ingredients.
- An effective way to get rid of garlic smell from the kitchen is to use air purifier. Spray the room freshener immediately after cooking garlic, throughout the kitchen.
- Wash the utensils with a lemon-based detergent and get rid of the garlic smell in them, instantly. You may rub a scrubbing pad, containing detergent, to clear garlic smell from a stainless steel sink.