Ever wondered why your best friend is able to eat lots of fattening food without gaining any weight, while for you just one bite goes straight to your hips? The answer simply lies in your metabolism. This little engine in your body burns calories all day, everyday. The best way to lose more weight is to speed up your metabolism and encourage the body to burn more calories, even while at rest. Although there have been various weight loss programs doing the rounds, people, today, have realized that these programs do not do much good. This does not mean that all weight loss diets are bad for body, but it definitely calls for a lot of research before attempting them. By including a natural weight-reducing regimen for your body, the metabolism would surely help you out in the long run. Read on to find tips for increasing your metabolic rate and reducing weight effectively.
Tips For Increasing Metabolic Rate
- Eat a proper breakfast comprising of high complex carbohydrates. This will give a boost to your body, generating the energy required for the first half of the day. Do not skip breakfast, as it will reduce the caloric energy, eventually decreasing the metabolism rate.
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of cold water daily. This will not only flush out excess water weight, but also increase your metabolism. The fat-burning process of metabolism requires water to work effectively. By drinking cold water, your body will have to raise the metabolism to burn the extra calories to warm up that cold water, thus losing more weight.
- Have 5 to 6 small meals during the day to keep up your body metabolizing food throughout the day. This will help you avoid snacking on fattening food and increase the metabolic rate, thus giving you the energy required.
- Do not preoccupy yourself in counting the number of calories you are consuming. Instead, look on the type of calories you are eating. Eating healthy foods rich in complex carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals will help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
- Research indicates that people who do not get 8 hours of sleep are more likely to put on weight. Hence, it is essential to have a good sound sleep, as this is the time when your body heals and repairs itself.
- Indulge yourself in some form of exercise. As you increase your activity level, you will increase your metabolism both during and after exercise. Eventually, you will get stronger and better in shape.
- Include tea or coffee in your daily diet. Having two cups of caffeine gives a boost to the metabolism, but anything more than that can lead to irritability or insomnia. Green tea, on the other hand, helps in losing weight as it contains a catechin called epigallocatechin gallate that speeds up the nervous system.
- Fruits and vegetables are high in digestive enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help in digesting food throughout the day. Have lots of grapefruit in particular, as it contains properties that lower insulin levels.
- Eat cayenne pepper, turmeric and mustard to give your metabolism an extra boost. They help in digestion and assist in keeping the colon healthy.
- Cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves reduce sugar cravings. Cinnamon metabolizes sugar and balances blood sugar levels.
- The probiotics present in yoghurt help in digesting the food. Include it in your diet, as it supports health by encouraging the presence of intestinal flora in the body.
- Drink apple cider vinegar by diluting it in 2 tablespoon of honey and purified water. The vinegar contains a fiber known as pectin, which flushes out toxins, cholesterol and fat from the body.