In case your parents have asked you to baby-sit your little sister or brother and you are having jitters on thinking about the same; relax, as we have the perfect solution to your problem. Babysitting is not that dreadful an activity as it is supposed to be. It can be real fun and adventurous, if you are a little patient and know the tact to handle children. There are many activities and fun things that can be done with kids to keep them engaged and happy. Even if you are not the baby lover kinds, remember, a little time spent with your younger ones will only bring you closer to them. Moreover, you will get an opportunity to experience your childhood days once again. Thus, check out some fun things to do while babysitting kids.
How To Play With Kids While Babysitting
- Remember the age of the child is crucial as it will help you in deciding the type of activities to do with the child. If the child is a toddler you can give the child some building blocks to play with.
- You can play games wherein treating them like adults. For this, you can give them plastic toys such as telephones, dolls, tool sets, and dish sets. Don’t forget to spin a story while playing with them
- You can take them out and play with balls or Frisbee, making them catch and run around.
- You can play chase games with them and run around in the open area.
- While indoors, you can play hide and seek and ask the child to find you, as it will be safer for the child and you will be able to keep an eye on him.
- Some kids love to hear stories. Thus, you can read an interesting story to him from a book or tell him one of your own.
- Another way of engaging the child is talking to them. Talk to them about different things like their home, school, friends, likes, dislikes and see them getting attached to you.
- You can even take the child out for a stroll in the park and tell him new things about the surroundings.
- You can play some musical games with them or recite nursery rhymes. This can be an interesting way of making them learn while playing.