Partying at any age is fun and happening and almost all of us love to party. However, parties assume a different fun quotient when they involve just the teenagers. Teenage parties are all about uninhibited fun, enthrallment and high level of energy. When it comes to choosing the things that should be done at such occasions, you would become selective, because teenage parties vary in many respects. Teenagers, after all, are a tough age group to please. However, there are certain things that are inevitable in every teenage party. These include games, competitions, vivid display of costumes and tapping the feet on the dance floor. If you are looking for some nice ideas in this regard, check out this article and get information on the things to do at teenage parties.
Teen Party Activities
- Involve the teenagers in decorating the venue. Provide them a particular theme for the venue. Ask your guests to team up with their friends to decorate the place. You may either provide the needed supplies or ask them to bring one item each, from their home. Ask the volunteers, assigned for the task to be present well before the party commences.
- You may ask the teenagers to choose unique and colorful attire for them. This is best suited for a teenage costume party. Assign one of them to announce their names, so that every one describes his/her costume and accessories to the audience (other guests), while introducing himself/ herself.
- Organizing a competition at the venue is a great idea to arouse interest in the teenagers. You may arrange a song or dance competition for the guests. To increase the level of entertainment, arrange on-the-spot contests for singing or dancing.
- A major attraction of any party is its food. It will be a good idea to know the preferences of all the teenagers beforehand and try to include them in the party menu. An activity related to it, say food-eating competition, will make the event all the more funny and interesting.
- Dancing is yet another important and inevitable part of teenage party. Foot-tapping numbers are the most suitable for teenage parties, which encourage everyone to get up and dance. Play the background music and let your guests let loose their dancing skills on the floor!
- Games are inevitable part of any party. Arrange interesting games, such as scavenger hunt, truth and dare, balloon popper game, board games etc. Make sure that you include all your guests in the list of participants.
- In case you want to involve the teenagers in some kind of sensible discussion, you can ask them to write 300 words on topics such as Myself, How I spent my childhood, My aim in life, What I enjoy, My biggest blunder, My best friend, My travel, My hobbies, Spending my money etc. This can be followed by a discussion among the teens themselves. Though making the teens write on a party may prove to be difficult task for you, idea is certainly worth a try.