Have you ever encountered a burning sensation in your mouth, especially while having food? If yes, it means that you are suffering with mouth blisters. Such blisters are common amongst people and are formed around the mouth, chin, cheeks or nostrils. A blister is a defense mechanism of our body; it is a sign, like an alarm, given by our body to alert us against some deficiency or insufficiency in our body. Mouth blisters can be divided into two main categories viz; cold sores and canker sores. Cold sores are generally formed on the outside of the mouth, caused by the herpes simplex virus. They can also occur because of a weak immune system. These kinds of blisters are highly contagious. Canker sores, on the other hand, are formed inside the mouth. They are generally due to an allergy to certain types of food, stress and/or nutritional deficiency. These blisters are not at all contagious. Whichever is the form of blister, it is better to prevent its occurrence, rather than cure the same. However, if you are already suffering from mouth ulcers, there is nothing to get worried about. Follow the mouth blister home remedies given below and gather relief.
Mouth Blisters Home Remedy
- Drinking aloe vera juice on an empty stomach will prove to be quite effective. The juice had lubricating properties and creates a coating around the blister. It is also proves cooling and healing for mucous surfaces.
- Gargle and rinse your mouth with water that contains zinc. The zinc application helps in some conditions.
- B complex, zinc and iron intake might not show immediate results, but in the long run, they will help reduce the occurrence of the attack, especially if the blisters are due to some deficiency. So, increase your intake of food items containing these nutrients.
- Drinking rose sherbet or any rose drink is useful in curing blisters that are caused due to heat in the body. Rose concoction will show immediate results, as it is cooling properties.
- Rinse your mouth with neem water; this will help disinfect the mouth without causing any burning sensation.
- Put some turmeric in boiling water and let it cool down. Now, rinse your mouth with this concoction. It will have an antiseptic effect.
- Basil leaves can also be applied to mouth blisters. Their paste helps to dry up the blisters very effectively. One can even chew the leaves for effective results.
- Soak a towel in ice-cold water and salt and use it lightly to swab the blisters, as often as possible in a day.
- Garlic oil is also considered an effective disinfectant. Apply garlic oil to the blisters regularly, to get rid of the burning sensation.
- Taking a mild laxative can also work well sometimes, especially if blisters are caused due to a toxin accumulation in the stomach. A laxative will prove effective within 24 hrs.
- A mixture of coconut milk and honey can also be used to rinse your mouth. This will comfort the irritation to a large etent.