Shakespeare once quoted “What’s in a name?” While some might argue that a name is nothing but an easy way of identifying the sex of a new born, there are others who believe that a name holds the identity of the infant. A name gives a stand to a person - it is what a person is known by. A name can speak about the nationality of a person; can portray the person’s region and culture. It can also hold the family history of a person, their father’s name, grandfather’s name as well as the religion they follow. According to the Indian tradition, the name of a person can read out the details of a person. Therefore, parents need to be very careful while choosing a name for their baby. Name is something which is permanent; you cannot keep changing your baby’s name, every now and then. Therefore, it is better not to hurry and choose a name that will not become a joke for your baby in future.
Naming an infant is not at all an easy task. It requires a lot of research and considerations. Both the parents need to agree upon the name, and if it is a joint family, then there are a set of people to convince. The name should well suit the last name or the family name. There are so many complications, while deciding for your baby’s name, which is in some way good for your baby. A name that will be bestowed upon the infant after a lot of thinking will definitely suit him/her than a name given out of parent’s favorite list or random choice. Herein is the list of few common and popular names that can be of help, to give your new born an identity of his/her own. This article will also provide you with few tips to help you think of a suitable name for your baby.
Most Popular Baby Names
Indian Boy’s Names
Indian Girl’s Names
Tips On Choosing A Name For Babies
- The name you choose should be short and simple. You won’t like everyone getting the spelling wrong for your baby’s name.
- The name should not be complicated and should be easy to pronounce.
- The name you keep for your baby should be easy to remember for all.
- The name you choose should not be too rare. Remember, in the quest of keeping a ‘different’ name, most parents end up keeping a strange name for their infant.
- The most important of all things is that you as a parent should be proud of your baby’s name.