Have you wondered what makes those beach side mermaids look so hot? The probable answer is fabulous body. However, many of us overlook the fact that apart from their chiseled bodies, it is the beach side attire, which accentuates the curves and contours so aptly. Sarong is the most preferred and sassy beach wear, worn by women. It is a rectangular piece of cloth, which is available in different vibrant colors, designs and patterns. The most thrilling part is that they are versatile and can be used to make a quick dress, shawl, swim suit cover ups, scarves, turbans, etc. However, what keeps people guessing is how to tie or wear a sarong?
Image: Daniel Pink@flickr
Tying a sarong is not a difficult task and it simply requires some patience, practice, innovation, creativity and an attitude. Apart from being appealing, sarongs are extremely comfortable, setting the perfect mood for a beach side vacation. Depending upon your comfort level, you can tie a sarong in diverse manners. It can be worn in the form of a short skirt, long skirt, knot dress, etc. The most popular way of wearing a sarong is like a skirt around your waist or upper body. To know how to tie a sarong, read on.
How To Wear a Sarong
- Fold the sarong in half lengthwise.
- Wrap the sarong around your waist and hold some in both your hands.
- Tie a knot at your hip.
- For a traditional look, fold the sarong in a triangular shape, wrap round your waist and tie the longer ends to a knot at your hips.
- Hold the sarong behind your back and bring the ends together in front of you.
- Tie a small knot at the end of the sarong.
- The knot is now to be placed around the back of your neck. Bring the other edges of the sarong in front of your midsection.
- Get the edges of the sarong under your arms.
- Tie a knot with the ends of the sarong under your breast to secure the edges. A pin can also be used to fit the edges.
- Hold the sarong across your back vertically.
- Using the two ends, tie a knot over your bust.
- Bring the other two ends lying on the floor behind you through your legs to the midsection.
- Tie a knot with the ends at the mid of your back.
- Hold the sarong horizontally in front of you.
- Taking one end of the sarong, tie a knot to your bathing suit strap.
- Wrap the other end of the sarong around your body.
- Tuck the end at the side of your dress.
Side Knot Dress
- Wrap the sarong horizontally around you.
- Tie a knot with two ends at the shoulder.
- With the other two ends, tie a knot at the hip.
Double Wrap Skirt
- Take a sarong and fold it in half.
- Hold the sarong horizontally across your back.
- Hold one end at your side and wrap the sarong behind your body.
- Wrap the sarong for a second time and tie the end to the first end to form a knot.
- Take a sarong and hold it horizontally in front of you.
- Hold one corner under the arm and leave enough length to be tied comfortably.
- Wrap the sarong around your body, bringing the other corner in alignment with the first corner, such that both the ends are on opposite sides of your same shoulder.
- Holding both the corners over your shoulder, tie a double knot to secure the sarong.
With a plethora of different ways of tying a sarong, you can add a dash of flair to your personality. Experiment and flaunt your curves gracefully on the beach side.