- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Bandana is one of the best headgears that have been invented by man. It is one of those things that can help you in a variety of situations. Whether you want to manage your hair on a ‘bad-hair day’ or just feel like carrying a cool and funky look, a bandana is always there to your rescue. At the same time, it also prevents the front hair from falling on your forehead and causing sweat. However, in order to look good, you must know how to wear a bandana properly. The wrong tying procedure can definitely make you look like a clown. In the following lines, we have provided information on the right way of tying a bandana.
Tying A Bandana Around The Head
- First of all, you need to find out how wide you want the bandana to be. Ideally, a bandana headband is two and a half inches wide.
- Now, take a bandana and lay it on a flat surface.
- Fold the bandana in half, diagonally. This will create a triangle.
- Hold the two side points of the triangle in your hands.
- Taking the bandana to your head, tie the points at the back of your head.
- Make sure that the third point of the bandana reaches atop your head and towards the back of your skull.
- Take the third triangle point and place it between the two points you have just tied at the back of your head.
- Tie the two side points again, in a way that the knot has the third triangle point secured in the middle of it.
- You bandana is ready to be shown to the world.
Tying A Bandana Around The Forehead
- In case you want to tie the bandana over your forehead, you need to first lay it on a flat surface and fold it diagonally, to form a triangle. The step is same as in the above case.
- Starting from the base of the triangle, fold a 2 inches rim. Keep on folding until you reach the tip of the triangle.
- Now, holding the ends of the bandana, wrap a rectangle fold around your forehead.
- Tie the ends of the bandana to form a knot. Make sure that in the process of knotting, you do not hurt your hair.
Tying A Bandana Around The Neck
- For tying a bandana around your neck, start by folding the bandana diagonally, to make a triangle.
- Now, starting from the base of the bandana, fold a 2 inch rim. Keep on folding the bandana until you reach the end or the point of the triangle.
- Now, holding the ends of the bandana, wrap it around your neck and tie a knot. The knot should be a loose one; else you might suffocate your neck.
- Ask your friend or relative to help you tie the bandana. If no one available, just look into the mirror and help yourself.
- For those who have long hair, it is advised to bend forward while tying the bandana. This will remove hair from the neck area and also make it easier to tie the knot, without worrying about the hair locking up in the knot.
- In case you make the fold a little to one side, either top or bottom, of the diagonal, you would have more cloth to tuck in the back.
- At the time of tying the knot, make sure that you do not tie the hair; else it might hurt and cause breakage.