A soft, supple and clear skin is the wish of everyone, be it a boy or a girl. In case of girls, the need for a pimple-free and blemish-free skin becomes all the more enhanced. In today’s world of too much pollution, adulterated foods and impure things, it is very necessary to take proper care of your skin, since prevention is always better than cure. However, even after taking utmost precautions, you might end up getting pimples at times. What to do now? Instead of going for over-the counter drugs and ointments, you should try getting rid of pimples at home only. You can also make use of the home remedies given below and know how to get rid of pimples overnight.
Home Remedies for Pimples
- Never ever pinch, squeeze or pick at a pimple. It will not only leave a bad scar, but can also spread the infection to the other areas.
- Apply an ice pack on the pimple and let it sit there for atleast 2 minutes. Repeat the procedure every ½ hour.
- Clean your skin 2-3 times a day with a mild, unscented soap or a specialized skin cleanser. Thereafter, use an exfoliating pad or washcloth to scrub your skin gently.
- Apply a dab of toothpaste (paste and not gel) over the pimple just before going to bed. By morning, the redness as well as inflammation would come down.
- Take a wet tea bag and press it against the pimple. Hold on for a few seconds and repeat a couple of times.
- Dab a cotton ball with some lemon juice. Put the ball against your pimple and press for five minutes.
- Apply ripe tomato pulp on your face. Let it dry completely and wash off with cool water.
- Mix baking soda and water, to form a paste. Apply the paste on the pimple, let it dry and wash off.
- You can also apply tea-tree oil on the affected area. It has been known to alleviate the problem of pimples.
- Apply fresh papaya juice on the pimples. Let it dry completely and then wash off with cool water.
- Rub potato slices all over your face. You can also shred the potato, put it in a muslin cloth and then rub it all over the face.
- Roast cloves in a dry pan and grind them. Add a little curd to form a paste. Dab a little paste on the pimple, let it dry and wash off.
- Grind neem leaves, along with a little turmeric powder and water. Apply the paste on the pimples.
- Apply a mix of cream, glycerin and lemon juice on the face. Keep it on for a short while and wash with cool water.