The term ‘muscle building’ does not find too much appreciation among women. The reason is that no woman wants to look like a wrestler and wants to maintain her feminine curves the way they are. Even if they are out of shape, they remain happy avoiding it, carefully avoiding the subject as long as they can. The truth is, muscle building will not give women hefty muscles like men. It will only help lean women gain some muscle and make them look more shapely and curvy. Muscle building is often confused with fat burning. Though some amount of fat gets burnt, it does not lead to losing weight. Check out some tips that will help women build some lean mass and make them look healthy and feel good.
Muscle Building Tips for Women
- Intake of an appropriate diet is the first step towards building lean mass. Your top most priority should be the intake of proteins that will help put on extra muscle in your body by increasing the volume of the muscle tissues.
- Work-out on a regular basis every day. Go to the gym and start doing weight exercises, after initial warm up. Make it a habit to go to the gym and exercise every day for at least 45 minutes to one hour.
- Heavy weight training exercises are the best way to put on muscle. Your trainer will train you on light weights first and gradually shift to heavy weights. Your muscles will become flexible and will start opening up with the light weights and once they become accustomed to the exercises, shift to heavy weights.
- Keep separate days for cardio and weight training. Doing cardio after weights eats up the muscles and only damages it further. Your muscles will not develop and rebuild if you do cardio after weights. So instead, allot different days for weights and cardio.
- Have 5-6 small meals a day rather than 3 big meals. Make sure to include green vegetables, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, etc in your meals. Take a protein supplement such as a protein shake every day. Green vegetables take longer to digest and hence should be eaten in good amount when you are trying to build muscle.