In teenage, having pimples is a very common problem and there is hardly any person who has not experienced this problem at one point of time or the other, in his/her teenage. In fact, it’s rather rare to come across any teenager, who has not been bothered by even a single pimple. The appearance of pimples can make you feel conscious and under-confident. While the actual causes of pimples remain unclear, it is believed that hormonal changes during adolescence or stress can lead to their occurrence. If you want to know how to prevent the occurrence of pimples in your teens, follow the article to find some helpful tips on the same.
Preventing Pimples In Teenage
- Honey is believed to posses many curative and cleansing properties. However, before using it, try opening the clogged pores of your face by wetting it with warm water. Mild steaming is also a good option for the same. Now, start applying honey to the affected area. After the whole area is covered, allow honey to remain on your face for a few minutes. Wash it off with warm water and then splash some cold water on your face, to close the open pores.
- Always make sure to wash your face twice in a day. Wash it once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. In summers, you can wash your face three to four times in a day, to prevent the oils from accumulating. Try to keep your face as clean as possible, by washing it with a medicated soap.
- Nutritional deficiency in the body can also cause acne and pimple. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Take good vitamin supplements, along with chromium and zinc supplements. Minerals and vitamins also contribute a good deal towards healing of pimples, apart from keeping the body healthy.
- Teens need to take care not to apply too much make up on their face, as it can aggravate the condition. In case you have to apply make up, make sure that you do not use oil-based products. Since oily skin tends to develop more pimples than dry skin, it is best to avoid oily make up or cosmetic products.
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water during the day. Around eight glasses of water has to be the minimum quota. Water is one of the best cleansers and it aids the body in flushing out the toxins.
- It is believed that oily hair can aggravate acnes and pimples. Therefore, avoid using oily products on your hair, such as pomades or hair spray, more so, if you have pimples on your forehead. If your hair is long, tie them by pulling at the back. Take care to pull your hair away from your face and skin when you sleep, so as to avoid the development of overnight pimples.
- Take care not to pluck out or prick your pimples with bare hands. as it can cause permanent spots on the skin, which are impossible to remove.