In today's world, fast food is something that almost everyone, right from kids to the oldies, loves. And when we talk about fast food, the mention of a pizza is almost inevitable. The delicious Italian recipe has made inroads in countries throughout the world and is wooing people across generations. Today, pizza is not more restricted to pizza parlors only and people are trying their hands at the recipe, within the confines of their home. The first thing that you need to know, for making a pizza, is the preparation of the dough and its rolling out. It is the second aspect that we have dealt with, in the lines below. In order to know more about rolling out pizza dough, read on.
How to Roll Out Pizza Dough
- Pizza Dough
- All-purpose Flour, for dusting
- Rolling Pins
- After kneading pizza dough, let it rest for 30 minutes and then, keep in the refrigerator. Ensure that it gets chilled.
- Clear off the work place, where you will be rolling the dough, and ensure that it has enough rolling space and is totally clean and dry.
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour.
- Take out the dough and place it on the work surface.
- Using the flour, lightly dust your hands and the rolling pin.
- Pat down the dough with your hands, to give it the shape of a thin patty.
- Placing the rolling pin in the center of the dough, roll it away from you.
- This will flatten one half of the dough.
- Now, place the rolling pin in the center again. This time, roll it towards you.
- The other half of the dough will also get flattened.
- If required, dust the rolling again.
- Repeat the steps and keep on flattening the dough, till it attains the desired thickness.
- While flattening the dough, always keep the rolling pin in the center, initially.
- Never ever flatten the dough all the way, in a single pass. First flatten one half and then, move to the other.
- Always apply even pressure on the rolling pin.
- Before flattening the dough further, ensure that it has a uniform level of thickness.