Out of all the Christmas decorations, the cute-looking bread dough ornaments are, perhaps, amongst the easiest and the simplest ones. Making bread dough ornaments is also a good pastime for the entire family, during the holiday season. You may assume the task of making the dough for the ornaments and let others bake the crafts and paint them. This way, you will be able to involve everyone - from the little kids to the older men - in preparation of beautiful and colorful bread dough ornaments. In case you need any help, look no further. Go through the recipe given in this article and know how to make bread dough ornament.
How To Make Bread Dough Ornaments
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Salt
- Oil/ Butter
- Silver Wire
- Cookie Cutter
- Sponge Brush
- Acrylic Paint
- In a small bowl, mix all-purpose flour and salt. Blend them thoroughly.
- Pour water into the bowl, slowly, while stirring the mixture with a spoon.
- Now, make use of your fingers to knead the mixture and form dough. Do it on a clean, floured countertop.
- Make small rolls out of the dough. Flatten them, using a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out small shapes from the flattened dough balls. You can shape them into Santa Claus, Stars or even the Christmas tree.
- Make small holes in the ornaments and insert thin silver wires therein.
- Place a thin aluminum foil on a cookie tray.
- Grease it with a light coat of oil or butter.
- Place the ornaments on the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake the bread dough ornaments for about 30 minutes, until they are solid to touch.
- Take out the ornaments from the oven and allow them to cool down.
- Remove the silver wires from the ornaments.
- Apply a thin coat of varnish, with a sponge brush, on the ornaments.
- Allow the coat of varnish to dry completely and then paint them.
- After the paint has dried, insert silver wires through the hole once again.
- Hang the homemade bread dough ornaments on your Christmas tree.