With the increase in fashion consciousness, the accessories industry too has seen a considerable growth. Various stores have come up, selling exclusive fashion accessories, apart from the apparels themselves. Accessories like jewelry, gloves, handbags, hats, belts, scarves, watches, sunglasses, pins, stockings, bow tie, leg warmer, leggings, necktie, suspenders and tights supplement a person’s garment. They add color, style and class to an outfit and create a certain personality. One such stylish accessory is the watch. In fact, watches play an integral role in a person’s wardrobe and complete his/her look.
Watches form a necessary part of any attire. Your perfect evening gown can well be negated by an old, worn out watch. Hence, it is necessary to properly match your watch with your outfit to give you a classy and rich look. In the present times, watches are available in different materials and designs that can be matched with your apparels accordingly. Read through the following lines to know the different rules on how to match your watches with your clothes. Follow them and make sure that you never go wrong with the watch-clothes coordination.
Rules For Matching Your Watch With Clothes
- A dress watch should have either a silver band or a gold band, with the glass face having hands instead of digital numbers. Match this watch with the clothes that you wear when you are going to parties or formal events, as it will give you a classier look. A dress watch goes well with slacks and other formal clothing.
- A casual watch, as the name suggests, goes with casual clothing. It should have more of a leather band. It may not necessarily be dressy, but should be better than a sports watch. You can choose a casual watch that is either analog or digital.
- You can match sports’ watch with your active lifestyle clothing, such as athletic shorts, athletic tops, track pants and sweats. These watches are often waterproof and digital. Choose one that is durable and ready for wear and tear.
- You can match your watches with the same colored dresses also. This will give you an ultra stylish look.
- Be a bit experimental, by mixing and matching your watches with your clothes. Dark-colored watches blend well with different apparels. For example, you can match your dark-colored sports watchbands with your casual clothing.
- Men should wear a watch with a black band, on black and grey suits, while for brown suits; they can choose a watch with a brown band. Silver bands work well with both the suit colors.
- Always have three types of watches in your wardrobe - a dress watch, a casual watch and a waterproof sports watch. It will be easier for you to match them with your attire.
- Be sure that your watches are not old and worn-out. In case they are, replace them with new ones.
- It is not necessary to have the most expensive watches, but they should be in a good, useable condition.
- If you have the money, then get one of the masterpieces of the prestigious brands such as Rolex, Tag Heuer, Oris, Omega, Rado, Tudo, Louis Vuitton, etc.