- Lifestyle Lounge
- Art & Entertainment
Curry is a mixture of spices that can be added to any food item. A kind of sauce, it makes the food much more delightful and tasty. While there are many varieties of curry available throughout the world, the most popular of them are the Indian and Thai versions. The former curries are the most sought after and are not only a rage in India, but being admired in the western countries as well. The best part of the Indian curry sauce is that it can be used for cooking both vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies. Browse through the article and get the recipe to make curry sauce, using the Indian style.
How to Make Curry
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Hing
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1 cup Water
- The first step will comprise of heating oil in a pan. However, make sure not to heat oil so much that it lets out smoke. Smoking oil is bad for you, as it creates the same type of trans-fatty acids as found in hydrogenated oils.
- Add cumin seeds and sauté them, till they start crackling.
- Now, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, you need to put chopped onions and cook them until they become brown and tender.
- Add tomatoes and mix properly. Now, cover the pan with a lid and put the flame on low.
- After the tomatoes become tender, add coriander, chili powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, hing (also called asafetida) and salt. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. If you want a thinner consistency of the curry sauce, you can add 1/2 a cup more water to it.
- Indian curry sauce is ready. All you need to do now is add the vegetables, chicken, beef, or whatever you want to cook in it.
- Keep on low heat for 3-4 minutes, mix well and serve!