Have you heard of an Artichoke? Some people would consider an artichoke to be just another vegetable that takes a great deal of effort to get through their digestive systems. Some people even say that the “choke” in Artichoke is quite pertinent. However, much of this depends on the way in which the Artichoke is cooked. In the hands of a good and innovative culinary expert, it can be made into one of the most lip-smacking, mouth-watering dishes that you would have ever eaten. One recipe that has captured the hearts of food lovers is the Artichoke dip. The Artichoke dip is a creamy spread that is made out of artichoke cores, cheese, and a creamy dressing. An Artichoke dip can be used as a condiment or as a side to pair with different types of roasted meats. It can also be used as a spread in wraps and sandwiches. Artichoke dips are quite popular as appetizers at some very select theme restaurants. There are many stores where this is sold, and where you can purchase it. However, you could also prepare it at home and feel like you and your family visited one of these theme restaurants for a meal! Read on to know how to make artichoke dip.
- Grated Parmesan cheese – 1 cup
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Chopped, marinated artichoke hearts – 2 jars
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
- Garlic – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Bread cubes or crackers as dips
- 8x8 inch baking dish
- Asiago cheese
- Ensure that the oven is pre-heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Take a bowl and mix the garlic, mayonnaise, and parmesan in it. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth. However, ensure that you don’t over-stir it such that it becomes whipped and this can make the final cooked dish rather messy.
- Add the artichoke hearts and the mozzarella to the mixture and keep stirring until it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Add a light sprinkling of paprika on top of this mixture. You could also add an extra layer of mozzarella or parmesan to make the dip taste way more delicious.
- Add a little Asiago cheese to the dip to give it a sharper flavor.
- Bake the dip for half an hour. When you take it out of the oven, the cheese should be bubbly and your dip should be slightly browned.
- Before you serve the dip, you can make a few additions to the dip to give it a spicier taste. You could add another layer of paprika or cheese.
- Another option would be to stick a few tortilla chips inside the cooked dip. This will make it easier to eat and much easier to serve.