Partying is the best way to get together with friends and spend some fun moments together. You catch up on old times, indulge in some lip-smacking food and dance away the time. In case you are the one who's throwing a party, you need to take care of each and every aspect, right from the invitations to the decoration and music to the menu. Talking about menu, snacks form a very important part of any party. They are amongst the food items that are served first to guests and act as a precursor to the actual meal. Cheese balls serve as one of the most popular snacks as far as a party is concerned. The reason is that they are delicious to taste and east to make! If you need any help in making them, use the best and one of the most easy recipes, provided in the lines below.
How To Make A Cheese Ball
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 lb Blue Cheese
- 1/2 pound Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Worchester Sauce
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- Let the cheeses sit at room temperature for sometime.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine all the cheese in it.
- Beat the cheese well, until they seem well blended.
- Add Worchester sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and mix well.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Take out the mixture and shape into balls.
- Roll the cheese balls in the remaining pecans.
- Keep the cheese balls in refrigerator again and chill thoroughly.
- Serve with assorted crackers and fresh fruits.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 piece (4 ounces) Gouda Cheese (shredded)
- 1 can (4¼ ounces) chopped ripe Olives (drained)
- 2 tbsp dried Minced Onion
- 1 tbsp Prepared Mustard
- 3½ tsp Chili Powder (divided)
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ cup chopped Almonds (toasted)
- Assorted Crackers (to serve)
- Transfer cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until it turns fluffy.
- Add in Monterey Jack and Gouda cheeses. Blend well.
- Add olives, onion and prepared mustard. Give the mixture a good stir.
- Add 2 tsp chili powder and garlic powder. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated into each other.
- Shape the mixture into golf-ball sized roundels.
- In a separate plate, mix almonds and the remaining chili powder.
- Roll each cheese ball into this mixture.
- Wrap the balls in plastic wrap, squeezing out all air and moisture.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely chilled or overnight.
- Serve cold with assorted crackers.
Shrimp Cheese Balls
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup minced Garlic
- 1 small Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound uncooked Shrimp (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1½ (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke Flavoring
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 bunch fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter and add garlic, onion, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook till the onion turns soft and translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and give the mixture a nice stir. Continue cooking shrimp, for around 5 minutes, until its outside gets bright pink and the meat is no longer transparent in the center.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and drain the mixture, discarding excess grease. Keep the mixture on the side.
- Take a large bowl and combine cream cheese, liquid smoke flavoring, lemon juice, and ½ cup pecans in it. Mix well till the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until it gets slightly firm.
- Combine the parsley with the remaining ½ cup pecans in a separate bowl.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and shape into small balls.
- Roll each cheese ball into the parsley mixture, until completely covered.
- Cover the balls again and refrigerate for around two hours, until they harden completely.
- Serve chilled.