Your kid has started growing up and now is the right time to make him/her eat stuffs that are semi-liquid, rather than jumping on the solid foods right away. Since your kid must have just started getting teeth, it is quite obvious that he/ she must be eating the food directly, instead of chewing it properly. In this case, it should be kept in mind that the food that you are preparing for your kid should dissolve in his/her mouth and not choke him/her. It is also very important that the food is healthy, nutritious, wholesome and tasteful, so that the kid does not start getting picky over food and looks forward to the meal. In this article, we have listed some easy and quick to make finger food recipes for toddlers. Go through them and take your pick.
Quick Finger Food Recipes for Toddlers
Apple & Pear Porridge
- ½ Apple
- ½ Pear
- 4 piece Whole Meal Rusks (sugar free)
- 100 ml Water
- Take a bowl and put whole meal rusk in it.
- Boil water and pour it in the bowl, over the rusk.
- Let the rusk soak well and when it becomes tender, mash it.
- Grate both apple and pear in it and mix together. Serve it to the toddler.
Mixed Vegetable Casserole
- 1 Aubergine (large)
- 1 Green Pepper (bell)
- 1 Potato (large)
- 1 Onion (large)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 3 Tomato(chopped)
- 2 oz Green Beans (fresh)
- 2 oz Mushrooms (whole)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Dill (chopped)
- 2 tsp Oregano (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh Basil (chopped)
- 4 oz Tomato Sauce (tinned)
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- A pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- Cut aubergine into small chunks and soak it in a bowl of salted water for three hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- In the meantime, cut onion, squash, potato, tomatoes and green pepper into small chunks.
- Now, cut green beans, split mushroom in half and peel the garlic.
- Rinse the aubergine and mix it with other vegetables and herbs.
- Take a roasting tin and pour olive and tomato sauce over it.
- Bake the ingredients for an hour, along with a little water.
- Keep adding water to it to keep it moist.
- When prepared, chop it in the desired manner and serve.
- 1-8 inch Flour Tortilla
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2-3 tbsp Grape Jelly
- 1 Small Banana (peeled)
- Take a paper towel and place tortilla over it. Put it in the oven, on high temperature, for 10- 20 seconds or until it gets soft and warm.
- Now, apply peanut butter over it, with a toping of grape jelly.
- Near the right edge of tortilla, place the banana and fold up the bottom.
- Bring the right edge over the banana and roll it up again. Your kid will love this banana wrap.