Alfredo sauce is a creamy white sauce that is used to accompany various kinds of pasta. Invented in 1914, the sauce is most popularly used in Italy and the Italian restaurants around the world. A rich and simple sauce, it consists mainly of melted cheese and butter. The sauce can also be prepared by adding ingredients like green peas, asparagus tips, lemon zest, blanched bacon or proscuitto, shrimp and bite-sized pieces of smoked salmon. The trick for preparing the perfect Alfredo sauce lies in gentle cooking and a proper balance of ingredients. Read through the following lines to know how to make Alfredo sauce at home.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipes
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Milk
- 6 ounces Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- Place a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat and melt butter in it.
- Pour in cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir continuously, with a wire whisk, till the cream is smooth.
- Pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly to smooth out lumps.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- When the sauce reaches the desired consistency, remove the saucepan from heat.
- If required, add a little milk, since the sauce will thicken quickly.
- Pour on pasta and toss.
- Serve hot.
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz Romano Cheese (shredded)
- 2 sticks Butter
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves (crushed, pressed or finely chopped)
- ¼ Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
- Place a large saucepan over medium-low heat and melt butter slowly.
- Stir in garlic and onion and fry for sometime.
- Lower the flame before the butter starts to brown and add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese.
- Stir continuously to avoid the sauce sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the sauce solidifies, remove from fire and pour over hot pasta.
- Serve hot.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 8 fluid ounces Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Romano Cheese (grated)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and stir well.
- Add in salt, nutmeg, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese. Stir continuously to melt the cheeses.
- Stir in egg yolk and mix well.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- If required, garnish with 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1½ cups Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- ¼ cup Parsley (chopped fresh)
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and Parmesan cheese. Stir in continuously, using a wire whisk, to avoid lumps.
- Add in chopped parsley.
- Remove from heat and pour over pasta.
- Serve hot.