Whey protein is a concentrated powdered form of whey which is obtained during the process of cheese production. The importance of whey is very high in the world of body builders because it gets digested very fast. Whey protein is believed as purest and richest form of natural protein. Protein is one of the most required nutrients for human body for the maintenance of bones and muscles. You get a strong doze of whey protein through whey supplements, whey protein heydrolysate and whey protein concentrate. It is good to include whey protein in your diet. It helps you to lose weight because it is low in carb and fats. Diabetes patients can benefit from whey protein by maintaining their blood sugar level .Read on the article to know more about whey protein recipes.
Tasty And Healthy Whey Protein Recipes
You can make any recipe, ‘a whey protein recipe’ by adding whey protein powder to them. Whey proteins can also be added in baked recipes such as cookies, pan cakes and muffins.
Whey Protein Low Carb Chocolate Cookies
- Whey protein - ½ cup
- Almond flour - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla - 1 tablespoon
- Molasses - 4 teaspoon
- Butter - ½ cup
- Artificial sweetener (granular) - ½ cup
- Oat flour - 1 cup
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Low Carb. dark chocolate candy bar (chopped) - 3 ounces
- First of all, mix butter and artificial sweetener.
- Add two eggs, molasses and vanilla to this butter mixture and stir it to mix properly
- Put whey protein, oat flour, salt and almond flour to the prepared mixture.
- Add the chopped chocolate bar and stir the mixture to mix it properly.
- Start greasing the baking sheets and place the cookies over them.
- You must preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Bake the cookies for almost 10 minutes. Let them cool for some time and healthy whey cookies are ready to serve.
Whey Protein Tortillas
- Whey protein – ½ cup
- All purpose flour - 1 ¾ cup
- Canola oil – ¼ cup
- Baking powder - ½ cup
- Warm water - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Sift together whey protein, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- Add canola oil to this mixture and stir to mix properly.
- Add water to this mixture using tablespoon, 3 tablespoon at a time.
- Knead the mixture until it turns smooth and a bit elastic
- You will be able to make small 12 roll balls out of this dough and keep it covered for almost half an hour.
- Cook the rolled out dough pieces on a hot griddle for almost 45 seconds for each side.
- You can use your favorite stuffing and serve the delicious and healthy whey protein tortillas.
Whey Protein Banana Berry Smoothie
- Whey protein - 1 scoop
- Powdered milk - 1 scoop
- Blueberries - ½ cup
- Banana (ripe) – ½
- Strawberries (large) - 3
- Water - 1 cup
- Ice cubes - 3 or 4
- You can combine all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend the Banana berry mixture until it becomes very smooth and whey protein banana berry smoothie is ready to be served.