There are so many occasions on which we give gifts to our loved ones - Christmas, New Year, Birthday, Anniversary, Thanksgiving, and so on. Usually, we give a single item, like clothes, shoes, etc, as gift. Why don’t you be a little different this time? Instead of giving a single item, give an assortment of items as gifts. Yes, you are right! I am talking about gift baskets. Not only are gift baskets suitable for every occasion, but are also quite easily to assemble. At the same time, they show how much you know about the likes and dislikes of a person. If you are thinking about how to make a homemade gift basket, just glance at the words written below.
Homemade Gift Basket Decorating Ideas
Just follow the easy steps given below and make one of the best gift baskets, at home only.
- Gifts to be put in the basket
- Basket (Size depending upon the size of the items to be put in it)
- A roll of Cellophane
- String/Rubber Band
- Gift Tag
- The first thing that you will have to do for making a gift basket at home is to decide on the theme of the basket i.e. the type of items you want to put in it. It could anything from an assortment of different eatables, like cakes, cookies and chocolates, to different types of chocolates only.
- Go to the market and purchase all the things that are required to make the gift basket.
- Now, spread the cellophane sheet on the table and place the basket in the center of the sheet. Cut the cellophane depending upon the size of the basket and the extra sheet needed to make a bunch.
- Arrange the gift items inside the basket. The tallest ones should be in the center, with the height decreasing as you move from inside to outside. Make sure that you secure breakable items with a cloth or tissue.
- Sprinkle candies, wrapped in colorful paper, throughout the basket. It will add a very nice touch to the gift basket.
- Now gather the cellophane sheet from all the sides, with the short sides being pulled up first and then the longer sides.
- Secure the bunch of cellophane with a string or rubber band, so that the sides don’t slip through. If you have a person with you, ask him to tie the string while you hold the cellophane.
- Now, decorate the gift with ribbons. You can either make a nice bow with the ribbon or attach a ready-made bow.
- Attach the gift tag to the cellophane, with the help of tape. Your gift basket is ready!
- Instead of using a basket, you can other items also, like pie plate, serving bowl or even a gift box.
- Make sure that the bow you use for the gift basket doesn’t overshadow its contents. At the same time, the bow should not be too small also. The size of the bow should be roughly around quarter of that of the gift basket.