If you are bored with your regular hairstyle and want to spruce it up, then try curling your hair. The curling process can really add that lost zing and style to your hair and bring you out of the monotony for some time. Moreover, curls look cute and have re-entered the fashion spectrum with a bang. Though any type of hair can be curled, it does require a specific treatment in order to stay and look good. However, applying style treatments to thick hair is difficult and time consuming, as the hair tube is large and resistant to any styling product. In case you have thick hair, you can curl them too, though with the help of some tricks and techniques and flaunt them in the party. In order to make the curls stay for a longer duration and look strikingly beautiful, follow the steps given below that are necessary for curling thick hair and sustaining them. So, go for it and be the head-turner.
How to Curl Thick Hair With A Curling Iron
- Curling Iron
- Brush or Comb
- Wash your hair thoroughly, to remove the prospective resistance to curls, like dirt, oil or styling products that you had applied on your hair. Apply conditioner over it, to make it easy to handle.
- Make sure your hair is completely dry, before you start curling it, as wet hair does not hold curls for long. If you are getting late for the party, blow dry them, but don’t overdo it.
- Comb your hair thoroughly, so that frizzes don’t hinder the curling procedure.
- Take a thin barreled curling iron for curling your hair. Employ the one with settings up to 25, as it is required for curling thick hair.
- Heat the curling iron till it completely heats up and becomes appropriate for curling.
- Brush your hair thoroughly, so that it becomes free from tangles and snarls.
- Now, take thin sections of hair, at a time, to curl. Roll the first section of hair with the help of curling iron and hold it for 35 seconds. This will produce a nice ringlet in your hair.
- Like this, repeat the procedure with all the other sections around your head. This way, your hair will have nice curls in 10 minutes.
- In case you wish to keep the curls for a longer time, apply a spray gel or mousse, while towel drying your hair.
How to Curl Thick Hair With A Straightener
- Flat Iron
- Hair Gel
- Hair Clips
- Wash your hair thoroughly to remove oil and dirt and condition it. Let it dry completely and then comb it to get rid of frizzes and tangles.
- Choose a flat iron, as it helps in shaping the curls of thick hair. Moreover, the weight of thick hair curls them down, giving you the desired look.
- Now, divide hair into sections, using hair clips, so that they don’t come in the way of curling. Evenly apply a little gel throughout the hair, for hold.
- Start with one layer from the sectioned hair, as the smaller the section, the more beautiful and highlighted will be the curl. Curl it, starting from the bottom and moving upwards.
- Close the flat iron’s arms around your hair, making sure that it is 2 to 3 inches away from your head, and flip it at an angle of 180 degrees.
- Keep the iron in the same position and haul it down towards the end of the hair. A beautiful curl will be formed.
- Since thick hair avoids any style, use hair spray after every curl, so it remains in position for a longer period of time.