Some people have naturally curly hair. Although, those might look good but there are many ways in which the look of the naturally curled hair can be further improved. Read on to find out the steps involved in enhancing the natural curls. We also provide you with some tips on how to bring out natural curls.
Trimming - Although long hair looks beautiful, but do remember to trim those hair as trimming will remove any split ends from those curls.
Pre-shampoo treatment - Before you go ahead and use shampoo on those curls, be sure to use some olive oil. Massage your hair with olive oil about 20 minutes before you shampoo them.
Shampoo - Use a shampoo that is of good quality as cheap ones have harmful chemicals that will do more harm to your curls than good. Don't use too much of shampoo though. Instead, use a little amount and massage it onto your scalp and hair thoroughly. Rinse it nicely so that it flows down through the rest of your hair.
Conditioner - Although conditioner is not that necessary for curly hair, usage of a little amount is recommended. However, if you have oily skin, use a very little conditioner on your scalp and hair.
Mousse - There are many curl enhancing mousse available in the market today which will provide your natural curls with a beautiful look. But before you apply mousse, make sure to blow dry your hair.
Gel - Apart from mousse, there are also many curl enhancing gels available in the market. However, apply the gel away from the scalp to avoid dandruff.
- You can also consider cutting your hair into layers, which will enhance the looks of those natural curls.
- Also, please remember that whenever you start to use some product, start off with lighter ones first. Naturally curly hair is generally very delicate, which have fine strands. Heavy products might have chemicals which will be harmful for your hair and scalp.
- Remember, the more layered your hair is, the more curls it will have and vice versa.
- Do not shampoo everyday, under the impression that the more you shampoo, the prettier your locks will look. On the contrary, shampoo can wash away some important oil from the scalp.
- Always detoxify your hair atleast once a month. Hair is one of the most exposed parts of your body and hence it absorbs the dirt and grime from the atmosphere. Over time, this can harm your hair, not to mention giving it a pale, lifeless look.
- Be very careful of styling products that contain alcohol, as it may contribute to dryness, which can harm your hair.