- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
With changing times, the fashion also changes. Right from the color of clothes and their cuts to the footwear and even the hairstyle gets a different look every year. If one year straight hair ruled the roost, the next year curls may be in fashion, while messy look may become hot in the year that follows. One of the most versatile and easy-to-create looks is that of scrunched hair. This style looks particularly good on girls with hair that have a slight natural bend, wave or natural curl. In case you are looking for some tips to scrunch your hair, this is the perfect article for you. Read on further and get to know an easy way to scrunch hair.
Scrunching Your Hair
- Hair Gel/ Glaze
- Styling Foam/ Mousse
- Hair Dryer (with diffuser)
- First of all, you need to shampoo and condition your hair properly, with products that improve hair's texture and flexibility.
- Now, towel-dry your hair. Make sure to be gentle and do not rub. For the purpose, first squeeze the excess water out of your hair and then pat it with towel, till damp, but not dripping wet.
- The next step requires you to apply a styling product to your hair, going from the root area to the ends.
- In case your hair is heavy, it is better to go for hair gel or glaze, while styling foam or mousse will work better with fine hair.
- You will have to let your hair dry, while squeezing it. For this, you can either use a blow dryer (with diffuser) or let it dry naturally.
- Now, grab a chunk of your hair. Squeeze and push the ends up, towards your head, causing it to 'crinkle'.
- In case you are using a diffuser, make sure to direct it on the hair chunk you are working with.
- Now, grab another chunk of hair and repeat the process. Go on doing the same till you feel that you have covered all the hair.
- If you want curls in your hair, make use of smaller chunks of hair. In case of a larger wave effect, larger chunks of hair should be taken.