The problem of frizzy hair is something that majority of the females have to face, especially those with curly hair. It is basically the dehydrated cortex (the inner layer of the hair shaft) that causes the problem of frizzy hair. This dehydration can be result of a number of activities - frequent perming, excessive use of styling products, regular usage of bleach or color, taking a poor diet, brushing wet hair, excessive exposure to the sun, and so on. Whatever be the reason, frizzy hair looks very bad and can easily mar you appearance. The good part is that following certain simple steps and taking some precautions can help you stop frizzy hair. In the following lines, we have provided some home remedies for preventing frizzy hair.
How to Prevent Frizzy Hair
- Always use appropriate hair care products for your hair. A moisturizing shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner will be your best bet.
- Don’t wash your hair on a daily basis. Rather, stick to taking a head bath twice in a week.
- After applying conditioner, always rinse your hair with cold water. It locks down the cuticles and prevents frizzing.
- Cream conditioners are the best for preventing frizzy hair. Make sure to leave the conditioner on for a few minutes, before rinsing it.
- You can try using leave in conditioner that controls frizziness by re-hydrating the hair during the day.
- Never ever use oil-based conditioners on hair that are prone to frizziness, as they can contribute to the problem.
- Condition and nourish your hair by applying a hair mask once or twice a week. Always concentrate on the ends and leave the mask on for approximately 10-15 minutes, before rinsing it thoroughly.
- Go for a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month. It repairs the hair and also keeps them hydrated.
- Do not blow dry your hair more than once or twice a week. Even while using a blow dryer, never run it up and down the hair. If possible, use an ionic blow-dryer.
- Stick to silicone-based products for styling your hair, but do not use them in excess.
- Use the de-frizz (anti-frizz) creams, serums and gels available in the market, concentrating only in the problem areas.
- Never ever use a brush for combing your hair. Rather, stick to a wide-toothed comb. The former can not only cause more frizz, but also result in split-ends.
- Get your hair trimmed on a regular basis. It can not only control frizz, but also prevent split ends.
- As much as possible, let your hair dry naturally. At the same time, don’t run your hair with a towel.
- While buying hair care products, look for the ones with moisturizing agents, vitamin E, Aloe Vera, honey, chamomile, olive oil, panthenol and glycerin.
- Before styling your hair, make sure to apply de-frizz products. It will contribute to your hairstyle.
- Do not keep touching your hair throughout the day and try to keep your hands away from the hair as much as possible.