- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
How to get clear skin is the most commonly asked question, especially amongst youth. The skin reveals a lot about the health and hygiene of a person. It can be referred as the covering of our body, which can be compared to the wrapper of a gift. The more attractive the wrapper, the more nice the gift seems. Just like that, the clearer and smoother the skin, the more beautiful the person appears. Thus, it is very important to pay attention towards it. Getting a clear skin just requires a bit of effort and minor changes in your daily routine to induce that glow. Given below are some tips, which will illustrate on how to have a clear skin.
Tips to Get Clear Skin
- Wash your face twice a day, ideally once in the morning and once at night. Use a mild cleanser, which is gentle on your acne and skin in general.
- If your skin is oily, consider adding a toner to your routine. However, avoid astringents as they can actually make your skin worse.
- Moisturize your skin daily by oil-free moisturizer, formulated specially for the face. Avoid heavy and thick creams.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week for normal skin and 2-3 times a week for oily skin. This will reduce black heads, thereby refreshing it.
- Apply a relaxing mask once a week to give the skin extra vitality. You can make this relaxing and vitalizing skin mask at home with strawberries. All you have to do is get some fresh strawberries and wash them properly in water to make sure that they are squeaky clean. Now squish these cleaned strawberries with a banana masher and add honey and cream into it. Give it a good stir and mix it all together. Now put this relaxing mask on the face for 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Use standard cosmetics, which suit your skin. While applying foundation, use a clean applicator or your fingers to blend it.
- Make sure you remove your make up and apply a night cream while going to bed in the night. This will enable your skin to breathe. The makeup remover should preferably be a natural cleanser, which will not spoil your skin. You can also use milk as a cleanser as it has the properties to remove dirt and makeup and it will also not dry your skin out. In fact, it will leave your skin quite moisturized and supple. If you have the problem of oily skin then add a few drops of lemon juice to the milk before applying it on to the skin.
- You can also follow a daily homemade regime for flawless skin. This includes first washing your hands with an antibacterial hand wash to make sure that your hands are clean and you are not in fact rubbing in more germs into your skin. Now splash your face with lukewarm water to initiate the process of unclogging the pores. Now make a solution of sugar and water and drain out the excess water. Take the thick solution in your hands and rub it onto your skin. Take some granulated sugar and rub it on to the skin where the solution is already sticking. This will help you exfoliate the skin in a natural way. Your pores are able to breathe now since you have unblocked it off all the dirt, oil and grease. Now take some lemon juice and smear it all over your face. Lemon juice has the burning quality and it will lighten up your pores a little more. This will act as a toner. Finally splash your face with cold water or use an ice cube to close the pore so that dirt cannot find its way back in.
- Remember to not touch your face unnecessarily. When you keep touching your face then you transfer the bacteria from your hands to your face and if by chance your pores are open then these bacteria can find a way in and cause acne and other types of skin conditions. Also, keep your hair out of your face because the hair strands are also a potent source of bacterial infestation on the face. If there are acnes on your face then do not touch them or prick them as there is a chance that it will spread all over your face and leave a mark.
- Try avoiding too much sun but if it is unavoidable then never ever forget to wear the sun block at least 20 minutes before stepping into the sun. If you take care of your skin and save it from the harmful effects of the UV radiations then you will never have to suffer from wrinkles in the old age.
- Make sure you wash your pillow case at least once a week. Dirty pillowcases breed bacteria, which can lead to pimples.
- Do not venture in areas with heavy, greasy air such as restaurant or fast food kitchens and even subway tunnels.
- Drink at least one and half liters of water every day as it keeps your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Indulge in any sweat inducing activity for at least 30 minutes a day, such as running, dancing, sports, aerobics, etc. Sweating unclogs your pores and enhances your complexion.
- Change sweaty clothes as soon as possible, drying off your body with a clean towel.