- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Be it summers or winters, most of the females love to use fragrant lotions. It not only helps make the skin soft, but also adds a distinctive glow to it. Amongst the main body parts that require regular use of lotion are our hands. Since we wash them so many times a day, they lose moisture and end up with dry and chapped skin. In case you are concerned about the cost of body lotion, leave your worries aside. This is because lotion can be made easily at home, that too at a fraction of the price it would demand in the market. In case you want some tips for making homemade lotion, read the ones provided in the following lines.
How to Make Lotion
- Microwave-safe Bowls
- Essential Oil (of your choice)
- Steric Acid
- Liquid Glycerin
- Emulsifying Wax
- Hand Blender
- Vitamin E Oil
- Plastic Bottles
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and put ¾ cup essential oil in it.
- Add 2 tsp Steric Acid, 1 tsp liquid glycerin and 1 tsp Emulsifying Wax to the oil.
- Keep the bowl in the microwave and heat it till the wax melts completely.
- Take another microwave-safe bowl and put ½ cup water in it, be it tap water, rainwater or any other water.
- Add ½ tsp Borax (the Mule Team stuff) to the water.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat until the mixture becomes boiling hot.
- Take out the bowl and slowly whip the oil mixture into it, with the help of a hand blender.
- Keep mixing both the mixtures, till they become fairly cool.
- If you want, you can add vitamin E oil during this time, along with a little color and some fragrance.
- After you feel that the lotion has been mixed well and is also pretty cool, pour it into plastic bottles.
- If you make a lotion following the instructions given above, use it within a month. In case you plan to use it over more period of time, add some preservative to it.
- Instead of water, you can also make use of green tea of water infused with herbs.