Come winter season and it is the time to undergo the problem of dry and parched skin, especially on the face. The dry weather, combined with hot water used for bathing purposes, is enough to dehydrate your skin completely. The only way to make your face look supple and soft again is by resorting to the use of a moisturizer. However, this time, instead of purchasing a moisturizer from the market, why don’t you go for a homemade one? It is much more effective as well as beneficial than the former. If you need some tips on making natural moisturizer, just browse through the instructions given below.
How to Make Moisturizer at Home
- Fresh Rose Petals (excluding the outer layer)
- Mixing Bowl (Glass)
- Distilled Water
- Plate/ Pot Lid
- Glass Jar
- Vitamin E Capsules
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Bottle/ Container (with a lid)
- Gently rinse rose petals in water, so as to remove all the dust and pesticides collected on them.
- Take a heat-resistant mixing bowl and put one tightly-packed cup of rose petals in it.
- Pour two cups of boiling distilled water in the bowl, on top of the rose petals.
- Cover the glass bowl, with the help of a plate or pot lid, and let the petals and water sit for about 20 minutes.
- Making use of a strainer, to collect the petals, pour the mixture into a glass jar. You can now throw away the petals.
- Refrigerate the rosewater, thus collected.
- Break two vitamin E capsules and squeeze their contents into a mixing bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp honey, 4 tbsp coconut oil and 4 tbsp rosewater to the mixing bowl.
- Continue stirring, till it mixes well.
- Your moisturizer is ready. Pour it into a bottle or container that has a lid.
- With the help of fingertips or cotton balls, apply the moisturizer to your face.
- Refrigerate the moisturizer, when not in use.