- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Whether you are dressing up for a wedding, attending a formal party or just going out with friends, a bun hairdo is one that goes with all the looks. Not only does it look extremely neat and elegant, but also helps keep your hair neatly in place. The latter trait comes in handy especially while going out on a hot summer afternoon. Tie your hair in a bun and forget all about handling your long tresses. The best part is that making a bun does not require much time and effort and can be done in a jiffy. If you need some help, just read the instructions given below and know how to make bun style hairdo.
How to Do a Bun Hairdo
- Coated Elastic Band
- Bobby Pins
- Styling Gel
- Hair Spray
- Hair Accessories, if desired
- Comb your hair and remove any tangles.
- Now, gather hair together at the level where you want your hair bun to be placed.
- Making use of a coated elastic band, secure the hair into a ponytail.
- Separate your ponytail into two equal sections.
- Take one of the sections in your hand and start twisting the loose hair, until you arrive at the ends.
- Wrap the twisted section around the area where the elastic band holds your hair together.
- Now is the time to secure the wrapped hair. Take bobby pins and slide them into as well as underneath, the twisted section.
- While using the pins, make sure that they are enough to hold the hair and are not visible to the naked eye.
- Now take the remaining section of hair in your hand and again, twist it till you reach the ends.
- Wrap the twisted section around the first section. Again, make sure to secure the hair with bobby pins, the same way as you did before.
- Always try to keep the hair as close to your head as possible. This makes sure that the bun is round and smooth, not poking out from head.
- Any hair strands that have fallen loose from the bun should be smoothed back with the help of styling gel.
- Take some styling gel on your fingers, apply it on the loose strands and put them into place.
- Now, shake your head gently and make sure that the bun is not loose. If you feel that it is, use some more bobby pins to secure it.
- Lightly use hair spray, to ensure that the hair keeps in place.
- If you are going for a wedding or a party, you can use hair accessories, to style up the bun hairdo a little.