Native to central and southwestern Asia, spinach is one of the most nutritious leafy greens. Apart from being packed with vital nutrients, such as iron and beta-carotene, it is also considered to be a good source of fiber, calcium, folic acid and vitamin K. Spinach has been associated with a large number of health benefits. It is believed to help prevent atherosclerosis, stabilize blood sugar among diabetics and slow down the process of aging. There are a number of other ailments also, for which the vegetable has been found to be beneficial. In order to help you consume the nutrient-rich spinach, we have provided a free, but delicious, easy spinach recipe in the lines below.
How To Cook Spinach
- Spinach Leaves
- Salad Spinners
- Knife (optional)
- Hot Skillet
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon Juice
- Peanut Sauce
- First of all, you will be required to purchase fresh, green spinach. Make sure that it does not have brown or yellow spots.
- In case you find any wilted or discolored leaves in your spinach, discard them immediately.
- Now is the time to wash the spinach leaves thoroughly. This will help remove any sand or dirt.
- Put the spinach leaves in a salad spinner, in order to remove the excess water after washing.
- Next, trim off the tough stems of the spinach leaves and remove any root material as well.
- You can either chop the spinach leaves or use them in whole, while cooking. In the latter case, they will be chopped after cooking.
- Put the spinach leaves into a hot skillet.
- Keep folding the cooked spinach at the bottom of the pan over the uncooked leaves at the top.
- It will take around 2 minutes for the spinach to cook. By that time, the leaves will be completely wilted, but still bright green in color.
- Put some oil in a pan and place it over flame. After the oil gets hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for a few seconds and then add cooked spinach. After about two minutes, turn off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Finally, stir fry the spinach with garlic and ginger and top with tofu and peanut sauce.
- You spinach is now completely cooked. You can use it in a number of recipes, like omelet, frittatas and vegetarian lasagna.