Steak is a term used in context of meat, cut perpendicular to the muscle fibers. More often than not, it is used to describe a slice of beef, perceived to have more tenderness. Streaks are mainly cooked by two methods - grilling and pan-frying, with the latter being more popular in North America. A typical steak dinner comprises of a steak, along with a starchy side dish (usually baked potatoes). You can also have rice, pasta, or beans along with steak. Normally, a restaurant or an eatery that specializes in the preparation of steaks is called a steakhouse. Steakhouses are very popular in the States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, UK and South Africa. The amount of time and the degree to which steaks are cooked varies from place to place and also depends on personal preferences. Certain dishes like the Kitfo and the Carpaccio even make use of raw uncooked steaks. In the following lines, we have provided an easy steak recipe, which is extremely delicious and requires minimal effort on your part.
How To Cook A Steak
- 1½ pounds Sirloin Steak, slightly frozen
- 1 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, smashed, peeled and chopped in half
- 14-ounce Baby Corn, drained
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Stewed Tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Take the slightly frozen steak and cut it into ¼-inch wide strips.
- In a bowl, add soy sauce and beef broth. Mix well.
- Take another bowl and mix the cornstarch and water in it.
- Put a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to it.
- After the oil gets hot, add steak strips to the skillet, one at a time.
- Cook the steak until it gets brown. The degree to which steaks will be cooked depends on personal preference. However, do not overdo the cooking, as a mild brown coloration will suffice.
- Now, add garlic, bell peppers and onion.
- Cook, over medium-high heat, for 5 minutes or until onions and peppers start to soften slightly.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in mushrooms and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well, so that all the ingredients mix proportionately.
- Mix in the stewed tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the food simmer for approximately 30 minutes
- If you feel that the meat is tender and vegetables are almost done, uncover the skillet and bring the mix to a boil.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for another 5 minutes, until the mixture gets soaked inside the meat.
- Your steak is ready to be eaten.