A steak tastes delicious when cooked properly. There are a number of ways to cook a steak, some of them being grilling, frying and baking. Apart from the cooking method, the taste of the steak purely depends on the quality of the steak and for how long it has been cooked. When cooking a steak in the oven, it is better to use a cast flatten grill pan, which is neither too hot nor too cold. Although it is easy to cook steak this way, some attention is required on your part as you cannot simply put the steak in the oven and get it done with. There are certain guidelines to be followed to retain the taste and flavor of the same. Given here are a few tips on how to cook steak in the oven. Do read on.
Cooking The Perfect Steak In Oven
- Choose the best-cut meat, depending on your budget. Select the appropriate weight and thickness that will be sufficient for your family and cook well. Steaks varying between 1¼ and 1½ inches in thickness and weighing between 12 and 16 inches work the best.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least half an hour before you prepare it for cooking. This will help thaw the steak and absorb the ingredients after marinating.
- Mix some olive oil (half cup), soy sauce (4 tbsp) and any good steak seasoning (4 tsp). Marinate the steak in this mixture. It will be sufficient for 2 standard steaks. The amount of ingredients will vary depending on the number of steaks.
- Allow the steaks to marinate for a minimum of half an hour. Place the steaks in the refrigerator, in case you are marinating them for a longer time. Be sure to bring them down to the room temperature before placing them in the oven.
- Sear the steaks on a pan, if you are willing to give the grill effects to them. Place a pan over medium heat and put the steaks in it. Cook them for about 5 to 6 minutes, to get a brown color. Turn them over and cook again for 5 to 6 minutes.
- You can use either a broiler or a simple pan to cook the steak. Both provide heat on the upper and lower portions of the steak simultaneously, thus relieving you from turning the steak again and again.
- Place the steaks in the oven at 450 °F for 10 to 12 minutes or at 325 °F for 25 to 30 minutes. To cook the insides of the steaks nicely and to avoid taste of raw meat, cook the steaks at a lesser temperature for a longer duration of time.
Oven Cooked Steak Recipe
- 2 lbs Round Beef Steak
- 1 Onion (sliced and diced)
- Any Vegetables (carrots, swede, potatoes, etc)
- 1 pint Beef Stock
- 1 tin Tomatoes
- Seasoning (as per your choice)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Chop the steak into cubes.
- Add in enough flour to cover the cubes.
- Season with salt, pepper or any other seasoning, as per your choice.
- Fry or grill these cubes until they turn brown on all sides.
- Take an ovenproof dish and place the steak cubes, onion, vegetables and tomatoes in it.
- Season with the beef stock and cover the dish with a lid.
- Cook in the oven for about 90 to 120 minutes.