Steak is a very popular food item in North America. It is one of the most important and delicious breakfast dishes. It has got a big cult following across the world due to its ultra-yummy taste. Steak is not very easy to prepare and you will miss the whole point of preparing it if you don’t cook it in the right way. Broiling steak is a process, which should be done carefully and skillfully. People avoid preparing it in home, thinking that it can be only cooked in the restaurants with the help of large broiler pans. It is a less known fact that you can broil a steak even in an electric oven. Read on the article to know more about how to broil steak.
Broil Steak Recipe
How To Broil Steak In The Oven
- First of all, you should remove the steaks from the packet. Keep it aside for 20 minutes before broiling them.
- Wash the steak under running water after 20 minutes and pat it dry. You should dry it with paper towels and not with clothes.
- Set the oven to ‘broiler’ and preheat the ‘broiler pan’ by keeping it under the broiler, on comparatively high settings for almost ten minutes
- Season the steaks with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. You can make this step easier by using the packed, readymade steak seasoning.
- Take a stove-pan and heat the steak pieces in it. When it gets well seared, you can add olive oil and butter to the pan. Let the steaks get heated in the pan for about 1.5 minutes on each side.
- Now, remove the hot pan from the oven and put the steaks in the pan as side-by-side. You can broil the steaks until you get the right results. If you like medium steak, cook for 5-6 minutes. It takes approximately 9 to10 minutes to cook properly if you need a well-done steak.
How To Broil A Steak In A Gas Oven
- Set the oven temperature to the broil mode and then preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Open the broiler compartment and place the broiling pan in it.
- Heat it for five more minutes, after that you can brush the steak with olive oil. You should make sure that you don’t dip but only brush the steak.
- Remove the broiling pan and place the steaks on the pan. It is important to position the broiler by sliding the pan’s edges into the notches of the rack because it reduces the difficulty of replacing the broiler
- Steak heats faster when it is near the heat. You can use a top-notch heat if you want a medium or rare steak. You must use the bottom notch for a well-done steak.
- You can remove the pan when it gets well broiled. Then season it with salt and pepper to taste and leave it for 10 minutes, after which you can relish the steak.