Eggs are a rich source of high-quality protein and amino acids and prove extremely healthy for the human body. They are associated with a lot of health benefits, such as preventing diseases like cataract, strengthening bones, combating free radicals and aiding the functioning of the immune system. The greatest advantage of consuming egg is that it can be prepared within a very short time and is healthy at the same time. Eggs can be boiled, made into curry or even scrambled. Talking about scrambled eggs, they are easy to cook and can be prepared in no time. The dish requires minimum ingredients, which are also readily available. Check out the recipe given below and know how to make scrambled eggs. You can venture out with different flavors and deviations to the recipe as well.
Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 6 Eggs
- 6 tsp Low-fat Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter, for frying
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Black Pepper, as per taste
- Non-stick Frying Pan
- Metal/ Glass Mixing Bowl
- Spatula/ Flat Wooden Spoon
- First of all, you need to place a large, non-stick frying pan on medium flame.
- Till the time the pan heats up, take a large mixing bowl and break the eggs into it.
- Add milk and salt to the eggs. Add chili powder and black pepper and stir well, so that all the contents blend well into each other.
- With the help of a spoon, beat the eggs vigorously, for around 2 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can put the eggs in the blender and blend for 20 to 25 seconds.
- Put butter in the frying pan.
- Just when it is about to melt down completely, add the beaten eggs.
- Don’t start stirring the eggs immediately, rather wait till you see them setting a bit.
- Now, take a spatula or a flat wooden spoon and push the eggs towards the center of the pan.
- Keep tilting the pan, so as to distribute the runny parts.
- Keep on pushing the eggs and tilting the pan for a while.
- At the same time, break apart any large pieces that have formed, with the spoon/ spatula.
- When you feel that the eggs have almost cooked, stop pushing them and flip them over completely.
- Cook the eggs for another 20-25 seconds.
- Now, put the scrambled eggs on a plate and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- You can add cottage cheese to add to the flavor of the scrambled eggs.
- A bit of garlic powder can give a distinct flavor to the recipe.
- Use barbecue sauce or a small quantity of salsa to give extra flavor to your recipe.
- You can serve the scrambled egg with toast or a bagel. Use parsley for giving a tempting garnish to the recipe.
- Herbs like oregano and dill can be sprinkled on the top of the egg, as the dressing on the recipe.
- To get some difference in the taste of egg, you can try adding some onions into the beaten eggs. Do not add raw onion in the egg, but chop them into fine pieces and fry them in little butter first. Add the fried onion into the beaten eggs and then scramble as above.