Sunday or Monday, have eggs every day. The rhyme may seem silly but the underlying fact remains the same. Eggs are one of the best foods you can have. Egg is actually a wholesome food item, as it contains a total of 18 nutrients that prove beneficial for the body. Another advantage of egg is that it can be cooked in a variety of ways, each one of them more delicious than the other. Right from the simple boiled ones to omelets, scrambled and poached ones, eggs are surely a delight for the taste buds. Hard cooking egg in the microwave is yet another way to make it. However, you need to be extra cautious while making this recipe, lest it results in the yolk exploding in the microwave. In the following lines, we have provided information on how to hard cook eggs in the microwave, just for you!
Making Hard Cooked Eggs In Microwave
- Custard Cup
- Plastic Wrap
- Tooth Pick
- Cooking Oil
- The first step towards hard cooking eggs in a microwave would be to grease the custard cup with cooking oil.
- Now, break the egg into the cup.
- The next step would be to pierce the egg yolk and egg white gently, a couple of times, with the help of a tooth pick.
- Now, cover the cup with a plastic wrap, especially made for microwave usage.
- Place the cup in the microwave. Cook a single egg for 1 to 1½ minutes, two eggs for 2 to 2½ minutes and 4 eggs for 3½ to 4 minutes.
- After cooking the eggs, take out the cup and allow it to cool for some time.
- Slice the egg and enjoy it with toast, muffins, or bagels!
How To Hard-Boil Eggs In A Microwave
When you are in an urgency and want a wholesome meal, what do you do? You boil the egg, have it with toast and you have had the best of breakfast you can get. However sometimes you really have no time to wait until the eggs get boiled as it really does take time to get boiled. However, do you know that you could boil eggs in the microwave too? Yes, it may seem impossible to boil eggs in the microwave it is feasible. You just need a little trick. Explore the following pointers to know how to boil eggs in a microwave.
- Fill a microwave cooking bowl with water to the brim. However, don’t add the eggs to the bowl now.
- Now add a spoon of vinegar and sprinkle little salt. Place the water in the microwave and heat it to the boil.
- Now take out the water, and add the eggs to it. Cover the container with a lid to keep the heat in and to keep the eggs from exploding.
- Put the container back in the microwave, turn the oven on low medium, and cook for eight minutes.
- Now take the container out of the egg but let it rest for few minutes. Peel the eggs and have it with toast.