Eggs, cooked in any form, are very nutritious for the body. They are a very good source of protein and vitamins and are healthy for every individual, except for those who suffer from the problem of high cholesterol. Eggs can be cooked in a number of forms - boiled, omelet, sandwiches, and so on. However, amongst the best and quickest ways of preparing eggs is by boiling them. Though it is a bit tricky, the cooking process hardly takes more than a few minutes. In case you are looking for some information on boiling eggs, this is just the place to be. Read on further and know how and how long to boil eggs.
Boiled Egg Recipes
Simple Boiled Egg
- Spoon/ Ladle
- First of all, take a saucepan and gently place the eggs in it. Make sure not to break them while placing inside it.
- Now, gently pour water into the saucepan, until the water is 1 inch above the egg. The water should be at room temperature.
- Place the saucepan on a stove.
- Cook the eggs over medium heat, till the time water starts boiling.
- Now, turn down the heat to low.
- If you want the eggs to remain semi-liquid throughout, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- In case you want the eggs to be soft-boiled, cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- If you want the eggs to have firm outer shell and semi-liquid yolk, cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- In case you want the eggs to be hard-boiled, cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from water, with the help of a spoon or ladle.
- Now, either let it cool down on its own or run cold water over it, to cool it more quickly.
Hard Boiled Eggs With Ham And Cheese
- 8 Hard-Boiled Eggs (shelled and sliced)
- 4 slices Cooked Ham (cut in thin strips)
- 1 cup Swiss cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Seasonings (to taste)
- 3 cups Thin White Sauce
For White Sauce
- 1 pint Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Flour
- Scald the milk.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Add salt and flour to the melted butter and cook for a minute, while continuously stirring.
- Add milk to the saucepan and continue to stir gently, until it boils. Let the milk boil for 3 more minutes and then, remove it from heat. This mixture will be used as white sauce.
- Mix hard boiled eggs with the white sauce. Add the ham and seasonings too, and mix well.
- Place the seasoned eggs in a baking or pudding dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the top of the eggs. Bake in the oven on a moderate temperature. Remove after 10 minutes, or when a brown crust is formed.