Selecting a gift for boys can at times prove to be quite trying. Every boy has a different taste and liking. Moreover, there are such few things that you can actually think of giving them as a gift. However, every guy does have a particular interest. This is what can guide you in choosing the right gift for him. Apart from that, keeping in mind the innate nature of boys, there are some generalized gift items that can be given. From amongst them, you can select the one you think your guy would like the most. It has always been a matter of fact that buying for a girl is way much easier than buying for a guy. It is majorly because girls are more expressive and vocal about what they like and what they do not; whereas, boys are not very vocal about their choices and preferences. Therefore, it becomes a tricky task to gift something to a boy and especially if you are in love with him or you have some feelings for him. But, you do not have to worry about it; all you really need to do is figure out what kind of person he is and try to keep that in mind when you go out to shop for a gift for him. Like this you will end up getting him a gift that will go very well with his personality, which of course he will simply adore. This will also show what a thoughtful person you are. In this article we will give you some generalized ideas on what to gift a boy.
Top Gift Ideas for Guys
- Video game is a nice option, as it liked by boys of all ages. You can even check for age specifications, so as to be sure that he likes it.
- Online music downloads is the latest craze amongst youngsters. You can gift items like iPod, to make them enjoy their musical tones.
- Some guys are movie buffs and love to grab one, whenever they find an opportunity. So, movie passes is a good idea to give as a gift. Or you can get him a DVD of his favorite movie. Better still, think about getting him a DVD set of his favorite television series or his favorite game. This will make him very happy and also it would seem like a thoughtful gift because you will buy it keeping his preference and choices in mind.
- Sports gear is also a nice option, as most of the guys indulge in some sort of sport or the other. Depending on the sport he plays, you can gift the gear. Also, you can think of gifting him a package of coaching classes of the particular sport that he has wanted to learn from a long time. This will really surprise him and touch him at the same time.
- Electronics gadget is a hit amongst all boys. Age is no bar for gifting a boy an electronic item. The options can include DVD players, cell phones, digital cameras, electronic diaries, etc.
- Books are also a good option as a gift. As there is a book for everyone, you can gift a book as per the taste of the boy you are giving it to. If he is an ardent reader and a technology geek then gift him electronic books/ e-books that he can read on his electronic device. This will give him the liberty to carry his favorite books anywhere he wants to without much hassle. But for this you must find out what kind of genre he is interested in, who his favorite authors are and which books he has been looking forward to read.
- Clothing and apparel is yet another good option. This can include any specific item that he might be wanting for a long time. Make sure you do keep in mind the taste and color preference of your guy. Also, if you know anything about his favorite brands and designers then do incorporate that information into buying clothes for him.
- Ticket of passes for a game or sports event will surely bring a big smile on his face. It would be even better if he finds interest in the game. You can also buy one for yourself and make a date of it.
- These days men are very careful about their looks and grooming, just like women. Therefore, you should not shy away from gifting your guy a coupon for his favorite spa treatment or a haircut from his favorite salon or hair dresser. You can also gift him a nice combo pack of men’s grooming products. A bag full of his favorite shampoo, shaving cream, after shave, perfume, face cream, etc.
- Most men have a passion for collecting something. Some of them collect currencies from different parts of the world, some of them are into stamps, some are into vintage stuff. If your guy has a peculiar passion for something and you think that you can contribute to it then make that extra effort and add something to his collection. This will make him very happy and you will end up gifting him a very memorable thing.
- You can also gift him a voucher for two for dinner at the restaurant of his choice. This is for the kind of guys who are foodie and love to have a classy four course meal. You can find out what his favorite dishes are and pre-book a menu for him. This will make him feel very special and overwhelmed. And who knows, if you are lucky he can ask you to come along with him as his plus one and you can witness that priceless expression of surprise on his face yourself.