Many non-vegetarian dishes require you to boil the chicken beforehand. In such a case, what people usually do is chop the chicken into pieces and then boil them together. Whether you are aware of it or not, it is a fact that boiling a whole chicken is much easier as compared to the process of cutting it and then boiling the pieces. In case, you do not know much about boiling a whole chicken, this article is just what you need. Go through the recipe provided below and get great tips on how to boil and how long do you boil whole chicken.
Boiled Whole Chicken Recipe
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 large Onion, halved - unpeeled
- 3 Carrots, cut into chunks - unpeeled
- 2 stalks Celery, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Whole Peppercorns
- Water, to cover
- First of all, you need to get a pot, large enough to accommodate the chicken.
- After washing the pot properly, place the chicken in it.
- Now, add onion, carrots, celery and peppercorns.
- Finally, add water to the pot, enough to cover the chicken.
- Cover the pot with a lid and keep on high flame.
- After the water starts boiling, reduce the flame to allow a gentle boil.
- Let the chicken cook on low flame for 90 minutes.
- Now, check the chicken. If the meat is falling off the bone, the chicken is done. If not, boil for some more time.
- Take the pot off the flame and remove chicken from it.
- After the chicken cools down, use it as per your requirement.
Boiled Chicken Recipes
- 1 pound Boiled Chicken
- 10 Green Olives, chopped
- 10 Black Olives, chopped
- ½ Red Apple, chopped
- ½ head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Garlic
- As the first step, you would have to take a large bowl and put chicken, black olives, green olives, apple, and romaine lettuce in it.
- Mix the ingredients well and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and put mayonnaise in it. Now, add honey and lemon juice and mix well. With this, your dressing has been prepared.
- Stir the dressing into the large bowl (with chicken, black olives, green olives, apple, and romaine lettuce).
- Mix well, chill in the refrigerator and serve.
Garlic Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- ½ head Cabbage, cut up
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Boiled Chicken
- 5 12-oz. cans Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Garlic, chopped
- Take a large pan and put all the ingredients in it.
- Place the pan on high heat and let the ingredients come to a boil.
- Keep on cooking the ingredients, while stirring them constantly, until the cabbage is cooked (i.e. around 15 minutes).
- Remove the soup from heat and serve hot.