Rejection is one of the hardest things to be taken by a person. Though the norms of the society are changing, wooing is still considered to be a man's prerogative. This makes them more prone to this game of acceptance and rejection. So, if you really want to know how it feels to be rejected, ask a man. Dealing with rejection can be quite difficult, as it brings down the confidence level of a person drastically. The person feels worthless and hurt and retires to a closed shell. This makes the situation grim and difficult to cope. If you wish to know how to deal with rejection, read on.
How to Cope With Rejection
- Though rejection is not an easy thing to take, tell yourself no matter what, you will get over it and move on. Focus on the end of the hurt and pain, rather than on pain itself, as it will only aggravate the problem.
- Don't take things too personally. This is one of the hardest things to do as mostly people take rejection personally. Even if you do go through rejection, it's not necessary you were the one at fault. Instead, it's just that you are a little different from the other person's choice. So, it is foolish to blame yourself.
- Always take lessons from life and move on. The only way to get over rejection is to learn from it and move on. Being rejected by someone is not the end of everything. Though it requires time and effort to get out of the situation, one should remember that a mere rejection is not above life. Moreover, take it in a positive manner that it gave you the necessary information to be careful in future.
- You can even confront the person who rejected you, to know the reason behind it. It may make you feel better as you would not assume things on your own and make the situation seem graver than it actually is. However, if you feel, it can lead to problems, do not approach the person.
- If you feel it will help, try to turn rejection into acceptance. However, this does not mean that you should change yourself as per what the other person wants you to be. You should respect yourself for the type of person you are. You should believe that sooner or later, you will find someone who will accept you the way you are. All it requires is time and patience.
- Be in the company of close friends or people who love you. That will make you feel wanted and self confident. It will certainly help to soothe the pain of rejection you feel.