The fear of rejection most commonly has its roots in childhood incidences. Comparisons and competition is fairly common among children and this result in one or other form of rejection. Most people have felt rejection and the way they tackle it after being snubbed determines if they would develop a fear of rejection. Most of the time the pain the person feels due to rejection conditions his or her mind where the person tends to withdraw into a shell fearing future rejection. They also tend to develop a reluctance to ask anything, even if it is for help, thinking that their advance will be rejected. This state of mind can harm the relationship that he or she has with other people. The person can become over dependent and may always look for loyalty signs in others. They tend to focus more and more on other people’s reaction to their actions that they tend to become paranoid and miserable. That is why it is very necessary that in order to maintain a stress free life the fear of rejection should be overcome. To know more read the article below for the various tips on getting rid of the fear of rejection.
Tips On Getting Rid Of The Fear Of Rejection
- The fear of rejection leaves a very depressing mood. One way to counter it is to create happy thoughts. Happy thoughts build up the self-esteem, which in turn helps you to overcome the fear of rejection. When you create your own happiness, you will be less dependent on others and also develop a confident outlook.
- Be optimistic. A cheerful disposition and positive outlook will help you create happy thoughts and a cheerful atmosphere that will uplift your spirits.
- Cultivate hobbies. This is the best way to do things that you truly enjoy. Learn to appreciate things even if you are not interested in it. Indulging in hobbies will take your mind away from the problem.
- Try to be as independent as possible. Depending on people will enhance your rejection phobia. Also, when you are independent you will also develop a better ability to take care of yourself. Being independent will also teach you to address your needs on your own. Don’t rely on your friends and family, so much that it hampers your growth and productivity. Self-sufficiency will ensure that you do not get helpless when you experience the signs of separation.
- The fear of rejection can only be conquered steadily. You will have to go slow and adopt a systematic approach.
- While expectation is good, don’t expect too much. Your focus should be on your actions rather than how people will react. The main fear of rejection stems from feeling of helplessness that stems from being unable to control the external outcomes.
- Set goals that you can reach. If you are in a shaky relationship then it is better to end it before you start developing the symptoms of rejection phobia. While you are in the relationship it is better that, you be yourself rather than what others wish you to be.
- Set an attitude where you give unconditionally. If you do not expect anything, the fear of rejection won’t be so profound.
- Let your mistakes be your teacher. Find out how, when and where it all went wrong and then address the issue. When you know your mistakes, you will be better able to rectify them. Learning from mistakes will also teach you to be more careful later.